• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery Question Mark

small205

Aug 24, 2010
I just got the R2D2 update and now i have a questions mark for my battery info and my phone won't charge. It says to insert the "motorola" battery but i got rid of that one cause it stopped working. Any ideas on how to fix? I also lost all of my contacts and they aren't coming back.

You mean you applied the R2D2 ROM, right?

Assuming you mean you applied the R2D2 (2.4.0) leak to your D2 phone and are having issues, there are a couple things to try:

1. Sometimes you can simply try installing the ROM again...may not help, probably won't hurt. Read and follow the provided ROM instructions very carefully...

2. Clear data in Settings>Applications>Manage>All apps for any app listed that has "Battery" in it's name....I think there's only one. Likelihood to help the battery problem not high, but worth trying.

3. Wipe your phone via Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset - this will remove all apps/data/settings from your phone (phone only - your music, videos, pics, and other files you put on the SD card are not affected). When you reboot activate the phone and see if things work (your apps and settings should all repopulate within 30 minutes or so.

4. Reboot into recovery using the Droid 2 Bootstrap app (I assume you installed that as a part of rooting and made a backup before starting to change things) and restore the backup you made before you applied the R2D2 ROM, and if you want to, try the ROM install again, being very careful to follow instructions exactly...big problems are almost always the result of user error...

Not sure what your battery state is...keep the phone plugged in as much as possible...the last thing you want is to have your battery run low when you're trying to fix things. It may not show that it's charging (and may not be if you have something really messed up) but doesn't hurt to try. You might try turning the phone off completely and plugging it in...the D2 can charge while off, and should display a large battery icon if you plug it in when off. See if it will charge in that state.

Regarding your contacts...sometimes they can take a little bit to sync back to the phone from your google account. I'm assuming you mean contacts that were associated w/a gmail account...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones