• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery stats file copy?

solidspidey

Jan 4, 2011
Hi guys,

I was just wondering wirh all the people with android battery issues and flashing new roms is it possible to simply copy over a properly configured battstats.bin file?

Lets say you flash a new rom and you just copy over your old battstats.bin instead of having to delete it and proceed and calibrate it again? It would make sense to me.

no, do not copy that file over. Some phones need to be recalibrated after flashing a new rom (and some do not need this) but do not copy that file over from rom to rom. I dont know the technical reason for this but I was told from many XDA developers, to avoid doing this and simply recalibrate if you need to.

Upvote 0
I have my "main rom" CM7 that I did a battery calibration of when I flashed it.

I make a nandroid of that rom sometimes to try out something else for a few hours or a day and then flash my nandroid of cm7 back.

I don't mess with battery stats on cm7 cause I figure I did it once, they're backed up and restored with the nandroid. (right?)

And I don't mess with batt stats on other roms cause I'm only going to be using them for a few hours or a day.

Is this a correct way of going about things?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones