• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Believers and Non-Believers

Do you still believe we will get Froyo/Gingerbread?

• Yes

Votes: 64 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 44.1%

• Total voters
Absolutely I believe I'll get 2.2 .... just not necessarily directly from ATT

I feel the same.... if it never happens through official channels, there's always the community Roms..... I've been running the leaked froyo for ages, and will probably give a leaked or ported gingerbread a try when it comes out.

If you care enough to spend effort to complain about it to Samsung ... spend the time doing it on your own (still complain to Samsung though).

Upvote 0
I'm fine on 2.1. This is an excellent device as is IMO but I'm old school. When I'm ready for another device I'll look for something that has what is hopefully the latest and greatest and not expect any so called upgrades...I think that is the major part of the issue in all this talk about the "delayed" upgrade to 2.2-you get what you get when you buy it..an upgrade is a bonus..not something that is "promised". If it was "promised" by the sales people then "fool me once...etc"

Edit: but what's great about the whole upgrade thing, is that it's available to those who really want froyo thru the root and flash procedure-so my take is either be happy with what it is or flash it to a custom rom

Upvote 0
If it was "promised" by the sales people then "fool me once...etc"

Edit: but what's great about the whole upgrade thing, is that it's available to those who really want froyo thru the root and flash procedure-so my take is either be happy with what it is or flash it to a custom rom

Except that 2.2 was promised by Samsung. If they don't deliver, that's a pretty big deal and would, I imagine, cause even more problems for them than their already unsatisfied and unhappy Galaxy S consumers in the US.

Upvote 0
Samsung DID promise Froyo. They said after a few days of the phone being released that the phone would receive Froyo in the near future. The near future part has passed, now we are at the point of "will they even". If they do not apply Froyo at all I hope someone takes them to court because to me that sounds like a very possible win.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones