• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best 32Gb Micro SD card for SGS2?

Hi,

Thanks for all the great info on the microSD cards.
I have been doing a brief search on microSD's for my galaxy S2. I always assumed that the maximum microSD that worked with the GS2 was the 32Gb.

Could someone explain this to me then?
[Q] micro sdxc 64gb Card to SGS2? - Page 6 - xda-developers

I pulled the site from wikipedia of all places, which claimed that GS2 could go up to 64Gb.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
awesome.
As far as I'm aware, since sdxc are backwards compatible, this theoretically allows the galaxy S2 to use one anywhere from the 64GB up to the highest capacity of 2TB?
Not saying that there is any need for having anywhere near this amount of space, but would having a larger microSD in anyway affect the overall performance/speed of the phone?

Upvote 0
Hi there,

Perhaps one of you has had the same experience and found a solution? I am afraid my new Samsung GS2 has a dodgy microSDcard slot. I managed to insert a 8Gb microSDHC card previously, but gave the card to my girlfriend. Bought myself a 32Gb Sandisk microSDHC card, but I am not able to insert it into the slot. Instead of hearing the 'click' sound, it jams after being inserted for 95%. I could insert the card itself into its adapter and read/write on it using my laptop, so the card seems ok? Any tips or do I have to go back to my phone supplier? =(

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards,

Shun

Upvote 0
All the ads for Micro 32GB SD cards fall either in the Class 4 or Class 10 category. What's the difference and is it worth it to pay more for the Class 10 card? I am preparing to buy an 1pad clone tablet, which is very cheap, but needs a huge memory upgrade...

Lol, i know NZtechfreak will probably say all you need is a class 2, sandisk. But personally, any major brand should do, either class 2 or 4 maybe class 6 if you want to future proof your purchase, however you will only really see performance benifits if the card itself gets plugged into a laptop for file transfer via sdhc adapter.

I guess check out Kingston or Crucial as well as Sandisk, maybe samsung.

Upvote 0
All the ads for Micro 32GB SD cards fall either in the Class 4 or Class 10 category. What's the difference and is it worth it to pay more for the Class 10 card? I am preparing to buy an 1pad clone tablet, which is very cheap, but needs a huge memory upgrade...

The Class determines read/write speeds. Some say Class 10 is worth it, others say it's not. I noticed a difference, but I wouldn't say I noticed a "significant" difference. I've had Class 2, 4, 10 and currently 6 (since 64gb microsd is Class 6). I notice very little difference (if any) with my class 6 vs. class 10. I noticed a little more difference between class 4 and class 10. The biggest difference was noticed between class 2 and class 4. Not sure that'll help you, but wanted to give you at least my experience between the different classes.

Upvote 0
That helps alot, thanks.
This particular tablet has Android 2.3. Two questions: can I upgrade to Android 4.0, either now or in the future? Or should I just buy one with 4.0?

The Class determines read/write speeds. Some say Class 10 is worth it, others say it's not. I noticed a difference, but I wouldn't say I noticed a "significant" difference. I've had Class 2, 4, 10 and currently 6 (since 64gb microsd is Class 6). I notice very little difference (if any) with my class 6 vs. class 10. I noticed a little more difference between class 4 and class 10. The biggest difference was noticed between class 2 and class 4. Not sure that'll help you, but wanted to give you at least my experience between the different classes.

Upvote 0
That helps alot, thanks.
This particular tablet has Android 2.3. Two questions: can I upgrade to Android 4.0, either now or in the future? Or should I just buy one with 4.0?

I think u should pose that question in the specific tablet forum that you're looking at. I personally wouldn't buy a tablet right now that isn't a minimum of honeycomb (android 3.0), but that's just me. If you're only buying because it's cheap, that's really up to you. I rarely buy tech based on cheaper price. I buy purely based on my needs and likes.

Upvote 0
class 2 is too slow, oh sure it's fine for in the phone, but try to copy a big chunk of files to it and you will see it takes a great deal of time. Class 10 is super fast but kinda costly at the 32gb range, I would go class 4 or class 6 is even better.

I realise this post is very old but that is some misleading information.

The class only specifies the *minimum* read and write speeds, but doesn't dictate what the maximum is. Therefore there's absolutely no reason why a class 2 can't outpace a class 10 card, and it has been known to happen..

My class 4 Samsung Ultra 8GB reads and writes at around 16-17mbps consistently, which would make it a class 16 if they could guarantee those speeds all the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones