• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best battery app

bzzzzz

Dec 27, 2009
uk
It's so useful to keep an eyeon your battery level, the problem is that these apps often drain battery themselves.

Which ones have you found to be the best and why?
Personally I've just installed batteryminder. I quite like the feature which calculates how long you have left based on your average use.

However I have noticed a battery plummet in the hour since it has been installed. I'll give it a day or two to see if it settles down.

Maybe I'm weird, but it's always been enough for me to just keep an eye on the battery icon in upper right screen corner, and if I am extra curious, I would look at the battery level in Settings / About phone.
The sole idea of an extra application "keeping an eye" on the battery sounds ridiculous to me. Why would I want to generate more CPU load, and therefore battery drain, to watch battery usage?

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm weird, but it's always been enough for me to just keep an eye on the battery icon in upper right screen corner, and if I am extra curious, I would look at the battery level in Settings / About phone.
The sole idea of an extra application "keeping an eye" on the battery sounds ridiculous to me. Why would I want to generate more CPU load, and therefore battery drain, to watch battery usage?

agreed. for this exact reason i dont see the point of such apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones