• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy Details

By any chance does your info tell you how many units your store is getting in? I'm only asking because I am 5th on my stores list and I was wondering roughly how many most stores would get. Thanks for your help and good intel.
Does the receipt indicate what number you are on the list? Also, what's everyone's thoughts on BB insurance vs. VZW insurance? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Does the receipt indicate what number you are on the list? Also, what's everyone's thoughts on BB insurance vs. VZW insurance? Thanks.

TO my knowledge, my receipt didn't have my number and my brother in law works at BB (in the MP3 section, not mobile) and he told me about their buy back program. Something about getting something like 20% of retail value of the phone if I want to upgrade later on. He said it was free this week, which bums me out that the Bolt didn't release this week. I may do it anyway. I'm sorry I don't know much more about the Black Tie program or whatever they call it. I should listen to him more when he's talking about it on Monday Nights at the in-laws house, haha.

Reactions: Barry Dingle
Upvote 0
100MEDIA_IMAG0057.jpg

proof kiddies.

Upvote 0
TO my knowledge, my receipt didn't have my number and my brother in law works at BB (in the MP3 section, not mobile) and he told me about their buy back program. Something about getting something like 20% of retail value of the phone if I want to upgrade later on. He said it was free this week, which bums me out that the Bolt didn't release this week. I may do it anyway. I'm sorry I don't know much more about the Black Tie program or whatever they call it. I should listen to him more when he's talking about it on Monday Nights at the in-laws house, haha.

it's actually free until the 26th. If you trade it in within 6 months you get 50% and so on down the line until 20%.

Reactions: Omark
Upvote 0
it's actually free until the 26th. If you trade it in within 6 months you get 50% and so on down the line until 20%.

You are the man! Good looking out. I can totally see myself taking advantage of this program, because I'm a crackhead when it comes to these phones. I did this whole scenario in the summer when getting my Inc and now I'm doing it again. Thank goodness my wife is due for an upgrade now.

Upvote 0
You are the man! Good looking out. I can totally see myself taking advantage of this program, because I'm a crackhead when it comes to these phones. I did this whole scenario in the summer when getting my Inc and now I'm doing it again. Thank goodness my wife is due for an upgrade now.

Just out of curiosity, Jay... if the buy back wasn't free this week+ what would it normally cost? Thanks again.

Upvote 0

lol no problem. it's a good help for anyone interested in the bionic or any phones this summer. You'll get half of 749.99 back even if you pay 250 for the phone.

Reactions: atrain311
Upvote 0
lol no problem. it's a good help for anyone interested in the bionic or any phones this summer. You'll get half of 749.99 back even if you pay 250 for the phone.

That is really something! Perfect for a fool like me. Thankfully, since I'm the primary line of a family plan I am on the year upgrade, so this summer I'll be due for mine, but may be nice and give that one to my wife if she doesn't love my Inc that I'm giving her when I get the Bolt. Again, thanks for your help and for the price of the Buy Back too.

Upvote 0
no it doesn't, but most stores will tell you where you are.

Best Buy's insurance is pretty solid, 9.99 a month or 169.99 on the TB for 2 years with accidental damage protection. that protects you from everything other than fire, theft, and full submerssion in water.
Thanks, I think Verizon's includes loss/theft so I'll probably go with them and a Seido with holster or Otterbox. I've never lost a phone but I like the added protection (which is why I will probably go with the unlimited minutes now too)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones