• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy Details

100MEDIA_IMAG0057.jpg

proof kiddies.

What is the status of preorders? If I were to put on in tomorrow, would I be guaranteed a unit on release day, or are the release day numbers already set?

Also, what is the status of the BB buyback program? Still free? If so, does it count as the date you commit to the preorder?

Upvote 0
Don't know if you guys saw, but it was just confirmed for the 24th on HTCs Facebook page. Now I have a stupid question for you. I have never had an android phone before, and I was wanting to get the x. I like the way you can resize widgets, will you be able to do that on the thunderbolt? Also what about voice to text and all the voice commands that work on the x. I will probably have to wait till it actually comes out for most of my answers lol

Upvote 0
Don't know if you guys saw, but it was just confirmed for the 24th on HTCs Facebook page. Now I have a stupid question for you. I have never had an android phone before, and I was wanting to get the x. I like the way you can resize widgets, will you be able to do that on the thunderbolt? Also what about voice to text and all the voice commands that work on the x. I will probably have to wait till it actually comes out for most of my answers lol

You can resize widgets on the TB with third-party launchers. I use ADW and can use it to resize widgets. I had the X before the Incredible, and I prefer the Incredible. Over time, though, I missed the size, especially for texting.

Upvote 0

i saw it, but that is not a real page for verizon wireless

Upvote 0
Is the only positive thing of ordering from Best Buy is that I could POSSIBLY get the Thunderbolt sooner? I hear VZW is $100 cheaper. If this is true, what would be the main reason for me ordering from Best Buy instead of Verizon? I don't see why I would want to order a phone and pay a $100 extra. That's not pocket change to me. I'm just curious. I could be wrong about the pricing made by Best Buy.

Upvote 0
The buyback is for items purchased through bb

Gotcha. So is there an advantage for me if I buy my phone from Best Buy this time? I have never purchased a phone from there, I always go through Verizon.

When you said I would have an instant rebate, how big of a rebate are we talking? For example, I don't see myself dropping $250 dollars for a 2-year contract when I could go to Verizon and get the phone cheaper.

Upvote 0
Gotcha. So is there an advantage for me if I buy my phone from Best Buy this time? I have never purchased a phone from there, I always go through Verizon.

First VZW will have this phone same day as BB.

BB you can not buy if on a corporate account and only 1 yr contracts. I also believe you have to pre-pay and can not put the phone on your VZW bill.

Upvote 0
First VZW will have this phone same day as BB.

BB you can not buy if on a corporate account and only 1 yr contracts. I also believe you have to pre-pay and can not put the phone on your VZW bill.

What do you mean by this? Sorry, I'm not up on the Best Buy plan. I am currently on a Verizon 1-year contract, which is through Verizon Wireless. (My contract has now been expired and I am eligible for an upgrade).

Upvote 0

When you said I would have an instant rebate, how big of a rebate are we talking? For example, I don't see myself dropping $250 dollars for a 2-year contract when I could go to Verizon and get the phone cheaper.

Im pretty sure the phone is 250. Now if somehow VZ bumped it to 350 before the rebate then BB would do the same. Difference is, you only pay 250 and the rebate is done in store.

Reactions: Eleer
Upvote 0
Im pretty sure the phone is 250. Now if somehow VZ bumped it to 350 before the rebate then BB would do the same. Difference is, you only pay 250 and the rebate is done in store.

Okay thanks for clearing that up. It has always seemed to me that Verizon has always had their phones $100 cheaper when purchasing the device on-contract. Maybe I was dreaming, who knows. I was just curious about the Best Buy thing because everybody seems to be going that route on here.

Upvote 0
Okay, well that's not my case then. Are you on a contract through Best Buy? If so, would you recommend it? (Insurance policy as good as Verion's?)

I am on a corporate account. I am getting a 1 year contract, which I can not do either.

If I was not looking for a 1 year and on a corp acct, then I would have no problem with getting it there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones