• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy selling Hero for $99 Wtf??

I was one of the ones that bought the Phone through BB.com, called Sprint first to see if I could get a price match but no go. I saw that the price changed to 99.99 on that Sunday( which was two days later) I called BB up and they said sorry but it's not really BB, but a third party and they don't have to price match. I didn't take that for an answer and finally got consumer relations involved. Long story short: BB is sending 80.00 gift card and Sprint is giving me a 50.00 credit for keeping the service. Companies don't want to lose customers and with the recession they are willing to do what it takes to keep them.

LOL THATS RIDICULOUS. Did you tell them that its the best buy ONLINE STORE?

Upvote 0
Dude, that's crazy! I (happily) paid full price for the Hero.

Was there anything wrong with my 13 month old BlackBerry Curve? Absolutely not. Which is why it fetched me a decent sum on Ebay to help cover the cost of the Hero.

I paid full price because I was 13 months into my contract (been with Sprint 8 years total). But really, I'm not upset. I love the phone, and I'm able to stomache paying full price for the phone and Android.

My other option was iPhone + AT&T + early termination fee with Sprint. I think in the end I would have ended up paying around the same anyways, and I get to stick with Sprint (which is heaps upon heaps better than AT&T in my opinion).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones