• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Deals: Droid Incredible 2

I was all set to pay $150 for this phone, but thanks to this thread it looks like I can get it from Amazon for $0.01. Is this legit??

I'm adding a line to a current family plan. Anyone know how that works? If I use my credit card for this transaction, will it charge my part of the service fees to my card and the rest to the family plan as usual, or will it all just get billed to the family plan?

If this works out, what a freaking find!

Upvote 0
I was all set to pay $150 for this phone, but thanks to this thread it looks like I can get it from Amazon for $0.01. Is this legit??

I'm adding a line to a current family plan. Anyone know how that works? If I use my credit card for this transaction, will it charge my part of the service fees to my card and the rest to the family plan as usual, or will it all just get billed to the family plan?

its totally legit:)

the only thing that will be charged is the 1 cent. amazon will check (poll) your verizon account to make any changes it needs to

Reactions: binturong
Upvote 0

One more question: If I'm porting my current number from Sprint over to Verizon in the process, will my current phone be shut off immediately, leaving me phone-less until my Incredible 2 shows up in the mail?

If that's the case, not a big deal at all, especially considering the $$ saved. But just curious.

Upvote 0
One more question: If I'm porting my current number from Sprint over to Verizon in the process, will my current phone be shut off immediately, leaving me phone-less until my Incredible 2 shows up in the mail?

If that's the case, not a big deal at all, especially considering the $$ saved. But just curious.

when porting a number then yes, as soon as its ported your service with other carrier is terminated

Upvote 0

When I switched from AT&T to Verizon last year, I was able to sign up for brand new account with a new number to try it out (I used call forwarding on my AT&T number), and a couple weeks later (I think it was 30 days back then vs 14 now) just call Verizon and start a number port to the same phone/account. That process took a couple hours at most.

Beware though that I had bought the phone direct from Verizon -- I don't know how doing the above affects the extra termination fee that Amazon et all charges if you cancel. The main account login changes to the new (old) number; it depends whether they key off that or another underlying account code. You'd want to check with both Verizon and Amazon to see if that's allowed.

Upvote 0
Speaking of the Amazon price (still showing $0.01 today), is there any way to tell whether and when this price might expire? The Costco price looks like it went up to $49, at least online.

I'm debating between jumping on the Inc2 now or holding on to my Eris for another month and seeing whether anything new comes out that I like better. However, while I'd love to have 4G and a dual core processor, I suspect any phone with either of those in the near future is going to be bigger and heavier than the Inc2, and if anything I want something smaller (would prefer Eris/iPhone sized, but nothing currently in that range is appealing). And anything new will certainly be more expensive than a penny, so living with a "lesser" phone later might be more palatable knowing it was "free" :)

Upvote 0
So is Amazon Wireless a good way to order a new phone? Why are they so cheap, like 50% off the Verizon store prices? Is it a hassle to get a phone and keep my existing contract (unlimited data ftw)? I've heard mixed things about wirefly, and Amazon is a bigger name but the deal seems awfully similar...

Amazon is so cheap pretty much cause they can get away with it. It is easy to keep existing plan, you activate it over the phone like you would anyways or you can still go into the vzw store like normal to do it

Upvote 0
So is Amazon Wireless a good way to order a new phone? Why are they so cheap, like 50% off the Verizon store prices? Is it a hassle to get a phone and keep my existing contract (unlimited data ftw)? I've heard mixed things about wirefly, and Amazon is a bigger name but the deal seems awfully similar...

I just ordered my Inc 2 this morning and a few hours later had a confirmation from Amazon saying it will be here tomorrow. I'm porting my number over from Sprint and from what I hear, it's all really easy to do. Assuming all goes well, I will probably never buy from the carrier again.

Thanks again everyone for saving me $150!

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
But those prices are only for new users right? For upgrading my existing plan with no changes, I'm looking at $79.99, which is still $70 less than the VZW store price, but not quite free...

if its a family plan then your right i gbelieve. the different scenarios yield different prices, pretty sure the first post in this thread is still current... if not then let me know and i will update it

Upvote 0
I'm sad... Tried to upgrade via Amazon several times but it looks like since I have an "unpublished" minute plan (Nationwide Loyalty 100 and 250 texts seperately) it won't go through because it doesn't recognize the plans to keep them the same.

Going to try calling Verizon like I have for all my past upgrades and see what they can do. I've had great success with them working with me, so I'm going to see if they will match Amazon or give me some kind of deal.

Anyone had this issue, any workarounds? Don't feel like talking to Amazon about it yet.

Upvote 0
got letstalk.com and give them a call. they will work with you in every way and the phone is free from them. Just got mine yesterday.

Hope im allowed to give the link?

Cell Phones for free with Cell Phone Plans from Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Sprint, and more

I'm sad... Tried to upgrade via Amazon several times but it looks like since I have an "unpublished" minute plan (Nationwide Loyalty 100 and 250 texts seperately) it won't go through because it doesn't recognize the plans to keep them the same.

Going to try calling Verizon like I have for all my past upgrades and see what they can do. I've had great success with them working with me, so I'm going to see if they will match Amazon or give me some kind of deal.

Anyone had this issue, any workarounds? Don't feel like talking to Amazon about it yet.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Couple of things I wanted to point out. First, I'm not eligible to upgrade until this Monday, 9/26 according to VZW's site, but Amazon Wireless said I'm eligible now. Odd. I entered in my acct info and everything and it said "success, eligible for upgrade" or something like that. Is that common?

I can confirm that it is $79 for an upgrade on family plan.

Has anyone had success with the Radio Shack promotion? They are claiming $100 off any smartphone, even when upgrading. I find it hard to believe because Radio Shack is the devil but here is the link: The Shack

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
In case anyone is looking to go to their local Radio Shack to take advantage of this deal. First, the employee I dealt with insisted the $100 off was only for new Verizon customers. Second, they didn't let me renew "early", even though I could have done so through their web site (I'm only a few days from my renewal).

The employee insisted that the $100 off was only for new customers, I was tempted to order the phone right there on my phone just to show him that the web site was giving me the offer.

The other problem I found in trying to order online is that the web site seemed to insist on changing my plan and wasn't honoring the fact that I can be grandfathered into my existing plan. That's why even though it may be cheaper to get the phone elsewhere I'm inclined to get it at my Verizon store.

Upvote 0
Any thoughts on where prices will go on this phone once iPhone 5 is available? I'm part of a family plan and while I can get the phone for $49 through Radio Shack I just don't feel comfortable dealing with them. Amazon has it for $79 which is a bit more than I'd like to pay. My "employee discount" here at work gets me a price of $149 directly through Verizon. So much for that.

I'm thinking the price will drop a bit when the iPhone comes out but curious what others think? I suppose if Amazon currently has it for a penny it won't go down much more than that though; probably not realistic to expect them to drop the price on the family plan.

Upvote 0
Any thoughts on where prices will go on this phone once iPhone 5 is available? I'm part of a family plan and while I can get the phone for $49 through Radio Shack I just don't feel comfortable dealing with them. Amazon has it for $79 which is a bit more than I'd like to pay. My "employee discount" here at work gets me a price of $149 directly through Verizon. So much for that.

I'm thinking the price will drop a bit when the iPhone comes out but curious what others think? I suppose if Amazon currently has it for a penny it won't go down much more than that though; probably not realistic to expect them to drop the price on the family plan.

Its hared to guess about that sort of thing. I would go with radio shack personally, that or just wait and see.... never know what amazon will do

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones