• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best droid for the price?

Gosh Mustang, that's nearly an impossible question to answer. They make different phones because people and their desires vary. I personally enjoy the Rezound which is a HTC new release. There is a great clamor in the Samsung Galaxy Nexus area for that device was just released today. There is a great following for the new Droid Razr. If another guide had greeted you he/she may have mentioned three different devices. My suggestion would be to peruse this list of Android based phones and click into the areas of the phones I had an interest in. I would read the input from the actual users of those devices. If I had a particular concern I would put forth a question or two. I'd also ask my friends/neighbors/coworkers etc for who they thought had the most solid network in my area. With that information in hand, I would visit the carrier winner's establishment and do some hands on. Here is a link to the Android phones we have discussion areas for here at AF:
Android Phones - Android Forums Best of luck to you and have fun with your research.

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
Welcome Mustang!

As Olbriar says, it's a difficult question to answer. Each person will argue why their phone is the best (and will have good reasons behind why). The best bet is to get as much android as you can afford... as in pay as much as you are prepared to pay. If you get a higher end device, your experience is very different to if you get a lower end device.

Another good tip is to get some hands on time in a shop with the devices (perhaps once you have got it down to a final few). You might like the look of 3 devices, all with similar specs, but when you get to handle them, have a "Goldie Locks" moment... you could decide that one feels too "plasticky" one feels too small/big in your hand and the other is just right.

Hope you manage to make your choice and that we see you back here once you've gone for it!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones