• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best DUAL SIM android phone?

Got my Lenovo A60 two days and been playing with it ever since. Must say it is pretty good. Accessories are pretty OK and comes with only 1 battery. I thought chinese phones always include one extra battery... nevertheless it works for almost two days. Most things are as advertized but RAM is only displayed as 200MB which might become a serious handicap when you install a few applications .

Has chinese app called MobileUncle that refuses to go away. Don't know what it is supposed to do. Sound quality is pretty decent. Wifi works fine, Camera is quite decent, All in all a better phone than the nameless phone that i had earlier. Still need to check the video call capabilities.. but i am quite pleased anyway!

I noticed the same thing just yesterday on my rooted lenovo a60. on most sites it says that the a60 has 256MB RAM , but mine only displays 152 used out of 202 RAM. Right now I'm wondering whether it came with 202 or whether my rooting had something to do with it..

AND the internal storage shows only 220 mb max..

Upvote 0
I noticed the same thing just yesterday on my rooted lenovo a60. on most sites it says that the a60 has 256MB RAM , but mine only displays 152 used out of 202 RAM. Right now I'm wondering whether it came with 202 or whether my rooting had something to do with it..

AND the internal storage shows only 220 mb max..

Perhaps the most asked and answered Android question :)

Some of the RAM and ROM are used by the system and radio and therefor not available to the user.

Also it is not technical possible to install 202 MB of RAM, as RAM comes in modules of 128, 256, 512, 1024 and so on. So if 202 MB is available the minimum installed size must be 256

Upvote 0
Crake do as Solutor suggested and change to 20 posts per page on the forums (ie click on "user CP" top left, then "edit Options" under "Settings and Options" in left column, then change "Number of Posts per Page" to 20) and you'll be able to see all replies in Firefox; although you'll now have 61 pages in the thread. Have no idea why the default setting doesn't work for us though.

Upvote 0
Crake do as Solutor suggested and change to 20 posts per page on the forums (ie click on "user CP" top left, then "edit Options" under "Settings and Options" in left column, then change "Number of Posts per Page" to 20) and you'll be able to see all replies in Firefox; although you'll now have 61 pages in the thread. Have no idea why the default setting doesn't work for us though.
I use firefox with the default setting and it is working fine for me ... :)

Upvote 0
Just posted in another thread about a new phone I've been playing with, the Maxwest Android-3600. Very cool 3.5 inch screen Android 2.2.1 phone with simultaneous dual sim cards. I see the phone also comes in crazy yellow :) Anyway, nice case, 2 Nokia-style 1800mah batteries etc etc. It looks like there is also a 3200 version with a smaller screen and 1 battery.

Its Media Tek 6516 chip, that means:
- NOT dual sim active
- No 3G support
- Crap performance - outdated and slow CPU

Upvote 0
Its Media Tek 6516 chip, that means:
- NOT dual sim active
- No 3G support
- Crap performance - outdated and slow CPU

And you'd be wrong... After testing, I have simultaneous active Dual SIM support and no trouble using 3G here in the USA.

As far as the processor, sure it's not a gigaherz dual-core monster, but not everyone needs a powerhouse or pay $500 for a phone. For normal everyday use and with the Android software I use, the processor works as advertised and for under $160 US delivered.

Not defending... just comparing. :)

Upvote 0
so have you ordered one for your wife now? and how did it go then?

No, I've resisted ordering one for my wife ... so far. I think that she really wants a dual sim version of the Samsung Galaxy SII. In the meanwhile I did buy her a Galaxy Tab 7.7 - the new one with the Super Amoled display. She's currently using that as a phone, together with her old Nokia N97mini.

Oh, and just to confirm - I have never received any demand for import duty, or any other taxes, on the G11i Pro. ... and the phone just keeps getting better and better with each new modified ROM released by Bruno.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones