• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best invention of the century

Fridge 1922? Plane 1903? Mechanical TV 1926 and patent on the electronic TV in 1930, color TV 1954, LCD TV 1983? All with thanks to transistors.

In the 1940's Percy LeBaron Spencer accidentally discovers that electronic tubes can be used to heat food. Microwave :)

Wifi... Universities had it a bit earlier, but is was ready for public use in 1997...

Upvote 0
EnterpriseAtWarp.jpg

Upvote 0
You're all wrong. The greatest invention should be something that inspires and pushes technology further and further. The simple answer to that is pr0n. It's why camera technology developed into better and better. Ended VCR and betamax war. Developed the internet at a far faster pace than would have ever thought of. I'm sure I could think of more but I have work stuff to do.

Upvote 0
Gotta go with the digital camera -Placed in the phone... When they did that it changed everything.

No one was safe after cameras were always on you, ready to take pictures of people being idiots, unexpected events, and acts of heroism and compassion that would have never been captured otherwise...

Oh yeah and I would have never got a picture of my son's first experience with hot sauce! (I warned him!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones