• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best online store for HTC EVO 4G accessories?

Just received this via FedEx today (even though my EVO won't be coming until July).

First impressions is the quality is really good. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a pouch. I'm surprised at the size because for some reason i'd thought it would be bigger. I better measure this thing to ensure the EVO will fit.

EDIT: After putting my blackberry tour inside of it, it will fill this case out nicely. May be a little snug width wise at first, but the size is right.

Gives me a good idea on how the EVO will feel in my pocket.

Stock Photo:

DSC_0990.jpg

DSC_0993.jpg

This is exactly what I'm looking for. My Blackberry Curve came with a similar pouch and has really protected it from the year and a half of hell I've put it through (including flying out of my car window at 65 mph) and it to this day only has minor knicks and scratches. I like the material the lining is made from too. Looks like it could handle getting rid of fingerprints.

Hopefully this case doesn't fall apart like the one for my berry did. The faux leather disintegrated when in contact with any moisture. Just all around cheap.

Upvote 0
This is exactly what I'm looking for. My Blackberry Curve came with a similar pouch and has really protected it from the year and a half of hell I've put it through (including flying out of my car window at 65 mph) and it to this day only has minor knicks and scratches. I like the material the lining is made from too. Looks like it could handle getting rid of fingerprints.

Hopefully this case doesn't fall apart like the one for my berry did. The faux leather disintegrated when in contact with any moisture. Just all around cheap.

I loved the pouch that came with the Curve also. I ended up going through about 2-3 of them because of the cheap leather. The case above is a lot better quality and will definitely last longer than the Curve OEM pouch. That thing felt like plastic...not leather.

Upvote 0
I used to always buy a gel case for my phone but I end up taking them off later because it's hard to get the phone in or out of my pocket. It's going to be even more difficult with the size of this phone.

I noticed in one of the reviews (Engadget?) that the EVO rests on the camera lens when it's on it's back! Looks like I need to find a decent case that I won't get sick of in a couple of months.

Has anyone found plastic cases that are worth buying??

EDIT: Hmm, the Amzer clear snap-on doesn't look too bad.

EDIT2: Oops, doesn't ship until 6/21. I want to go from unboxing straight into the case!

Upvote 0
Belt/holster is still something I need to actually see before I commit. This thing is just large enough to introduce the possibility of a hip pointer. Somewhere between backpackable and pocketable, but I'm not sure I want it on my hip.

I can just see the headline now, "Man With Toaster On Hip Actually Had Phone."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones