• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Best screen protector?

Is the Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal screen protector truly scratch resistant? I bought a cheap screen protector for my Droid Eris off of Ebay and it too claimed to be scratch resistant but now it has many many little scratches on it along with some scuffs. I'm trying to find a truly scratch proof screen protector. I'm still debating whether or not I should even use one...I just feel nervous not using one.

Thanks

Upvote 0
i just went to best buy this morning, bought the zagg invisible shield for the eris, and had one of the guys there install it for 7.99 (had always had trouble in the past installing it)

gotta say, i'm pretty pleased with it so far

for the first 2 days you will see imperfections, but after that they will all disappear
i know this because i installed the zagg invisible shield for my wife's iphone and now you can't tell that there is anything on it at all

Upvote 0
Has anyone tried the three-pack sold by VZW themselves? Three for $12.99 sounds good, and I doubt there's a huge difference between screen guards; either it works or it doesn't. It's clear, or it isn't. Anyone know from experience or word of mouth?

That's the one that I have. Still on the first one after almost 3 months - there's one tiny bubble that I just couldn't get rid of but I only see it when the screen is asleep, so I can live with that. I've washed it off with water and a Kimwipe and it's hanging in there just fine. :D

Upvote 0
I have an invisible shield on my ipod - I hate it. I have purchased Clarivue for multiple devices and LOVE it. I've also tried the knock-off invisible shield....can't remember what it's called. I just hate the water application part. I've also tried the pack of 3 from the Verizon store. They're pretty good too, similar to Clarivue. The only real difference is that Clarivue is cut a little bigger to cover most of the shiny black area above the screen (the Verizon ones end at the top of the screen) and Clarivue has a lifetime warranty on all their products which I've taken advantage of a few times.

Upvote 0
Is the Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal screen protector truly scratch resistant? I bought a cheap screen protector for my Droid Eris off of Ebay and it too claimed to be scratch resistant but now it has many many little scratches on it along with some scuffs. I'm trying to find a truly scratch proof screen protector. I'm still debating whether or not I should even use one...I just feel nervous not using one.

Thanks
anyone?

Upvote 0

I have been using the Boxwave Clear for about 2 months and there are a few scratches when I look carefully but I am pretty hard on my toys (keys in the same pocket, a couple of tumbles). Most of the time I am sure that I put a deep gash in the protector nothing is there ((my Macaw took a bite out of the phone yesterday and to my amazement did not leave a mark). The Boxwave is holding up much better than the stock Verizon protectors I bought when I first pruchased my Droid (yes, there is a BIG difference in quality). It was also easier to install and a better fit. I just purchased the Boxwave antiglare protector and will play with it this weekend (the clear one does show fingerprints).

Upvote 0
I've got a skinomi screen protector on now and we also put one on my wifes. Been on four about a week and have we both enjoy them. There is a slight orange peel effect when viewing at certain angle and the light is just right. Not enough to bother either one of us. I had always used Zagg in the past with great results but went with the Skinomi due to it being a fraction of the price compared to Zagg. Seems like the exact same product.

Upvote 0
Right now I have a Zagg invisible shield but it is way to grippy. Almost like a rubbery feel to it and when you swipe across the screen it drags real bad. I was wondering if anybody who has the Clarivue can tell me how it feels? Smooth feel like the original screen or is it grippy?

I have the Clarivue and I love it. It's static application, not like the Invisble Shield (I have one of those in my ipod). The Clarivue is very smooth, not grippy or orange peel-y. It feels almost exactly like the bare screen, IMO. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I am a long time Zagg (Invisible Shield) fan - but I had two of them out on my Eris with the same result - about a 1 pixel line going down the middle of the screen. It seemed like a material defect, and didn't go away. I was happier with the Verizon screen protector I picked up with the phone. Then I had Ghost Armor installed, and have been very happy with it. My only complaint is that it peeled up a little bit around the light sensor (I got it to stick again, but there was a little bit of whitening of the material). I may have it replaced because of that, but otherwise it's been perfect.

Upvote 0
I have the Clarivue and I love it. It's static application, not like the Invisble Shield (I have one of those in my ipod). The Clarivue is very smooth, not grippy or orange peel-y. It feels almost exactly like the bare screen, IMO. Hope this helps.

Does the clarivue cover all the way up to the top of the screen and around the speaker? Unlike the Verizon one which only goes to the top of the display.

Upvote 0
I always use Cell Phone Skins & Protective Covers - iPhone Skins, Blackberry Skins, iPod Skins, Apple Laptop Skins - Best Skins Ever for all my things. Here's a pic of my Eris with the skin just minutes after I put it on.
Phone-WithSkin.jpg

Upvote 0
Does the clarivue cover all the way up to the top of the screen and around the speaker? Unlike the Verizon one which only goes to the top of the display.

The Clarivue is different - kinda hard to explain so stay with me. Looking at the Eris, on the top right side of the screen the protector goes all the way to the corner. At the speaker it stair-steps down and then at the proximity sensor it stair-steps down again. But, even stair-stepping down it still covers most of the black on the left side of the screen, way above the edge of the screen. (I had the Verizon ones too and this one covers way above where it stopped.) Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
The Clarivue is different - kinda hard to explain so stay with me. Looking at the Eris, on the top right side of the screen the protector goes all the way to the corner. At the speaker it stair-steps down and then at the proximity sensor it stair-steps down again. But, even stair-stepping down it still covers most of the black on the left side of the screen, way above the edge of the screen. (I had the Verizon ones too and this one covers way above where it stopped.) Does that make sense?

Kinda. Is there anyway you could possibly get a pic for me?

Upvote 0
I tried the BSE on my Blackberry and hated it. I tried about 50 different protectors on my BB curve and finally settled on the Clarivue. As soon as I got my Eris I immediately ordered the Clarivue and I love it - especially because the screen surface of the Eris is flat. On the curve it was sorta, well....curved. Anyway, just invested in an ipod touch and immediately ordered a Clarivue for it too. I've also taken advantage of their lifetime replacement policy and they are awesome. Zagg's customer service is awesome too, I've replaced the skin on my ipod video once before but I hate the application process. Now that I've had the ipod video for a couple of years I hate the way the Zagg looks. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I tried the BSE on my Blackberry and hated it. I tried about 50 different protectors on my BB curve and finally settled on the Clarivue. As soon as I got my Eris I immediately ordered the Clarivue and I love it - especially because the screen surface of the Eris is flat. On the curve it was sorta, well....curved. Anyway, just invested in an ipod touch and immediately ordered a Clarivue for it too. I've also taken advantage of their lifetime replacement policy and they are awesome. Zagg's customer service is awesome too, I've replaced the skin on my ipod video once before but I hate the application process. Now that I've had the ipod video for a couple of years I hate the way the Zagg looks. :rolleyes:

I love Zagg's customer service but there product is way to grippy. It's no where near as smooth as the screen is and that gets really annoying when typing and well just using the touch screen. Hopefully Zagg will give me a refund then I'll order a Clarivue.

Upvote 0
I bought THESE for my Eris off eBay. They fit the entire screen, were easy to get on, and slick just like the screen. I can't really tell its there. Oh yeah.. they're cheap :)

I had bought some before this that were made out of a silicon like material which was tacky. Hard to describe. I would put my finger on the screen, and it wasn't smooth. Ever tried to dance in tennis shoes? It was like that. You can do it, but feels like you're stuck to the floor.

/back to lurking

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones