• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best Sense ROM...

I've used virtuous 3.1 with no problems

I'm now on redemptive revolution once again with no problems

I would warn though that every time I flash a ROM then run titanium backup, I somehow wind up with 2 apps stacked on top of each other on my home screens which can cause problems unless you remove one.

easy fix but I'm sure it's because of something in titanium that I'm replicating, or something in the flash process I'm doing that's a little off

But, I would recommend either for daily use.

Upvote 0
Is there a clear cut favorite ROM/Kernel/Theme cocktail for optimal battery life?

Can't really say there's a clear cut best for battery life, everyone seems to have different opinions and you can find them all over the place. With my setup, Redemptive revolution with Chad's 11/28 kernel I can get 2 days with light use, and at least 24 hours with moderate to heavy use. Most of the battery life comes from the kernel I believe.

Upvote 0
The best Sense Rom out there is:

IncRom V1.0

[ROM] [12/10/10] IncROM v1.0 [Deodexed | Zipalinged | Power Widget] - xda-developers

Dont believe me? Flash it!

It seriously is the smoothest, fastest Rom I have tried. And i have tried every Sense Rom there is.

I just checked it out and it looks pretty good. Is it true that he removed the GMail app from the ROM? Not feeling that at all! How is it as far as Mods go? I saw that he threw up some rosies and fonts but is that it? I'm on Warm right now and LOVE it not only because it's fast and stable but because there are SO many Mods available.

Upvote 0
I just checked it out and it looks pretty good. Is it true that he removed the GMail app from the ROM? Not feeling that at all! How is it as far as Mods go? I saw that he threw up some rosies and fonts but is that it? I'm on Warm right now and LOVE it not only because it's fast and stable but because there are SO many Mods available.

I still have gmail.

You can change the rosies and fonts yes...

He has options to take out clock or alarm clock from notification bar. And circle or regular batter icon with percentage.

This Rom is pretty new, just came out with first non beta version a week ago.

I like this rom because its not only the fastest and most stable rom i have used but the DEV is top notch. He is easy to communicate with and is supporting this rom better then any other developer I have seen. He plans to have an update out by end of next week.

I like roms, but I like them supported more.

IncROM V1.0
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=815103

Upvote 0
Virtuous is the best Sense-based ROM for starters. Does not require wipe, and is closest to stock minus Big Red's bloatware. Also has easy maintenance (Virtuous Buddy) to tweak further.

When I'm willing to spend the time required to respond to a full wipe, I may try SkyRaider Sense which also gets glowing reviews and has a couple more tweaks Virtuous lacks, such as an enhanced power dialogue.

While Warm twopointtwo looks quite "pretty," I'm not crazy about its iteration of Rosie and other aspects, but I have also read some very nice things about it on this forum and others.

But for an easy entry into flashing, you can't beat Virtuous. Currently on 3.1 (with stock kernel). Expecting an update within the next few weeks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones