• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best UK Network?

Jezston

May 29, 2010
:call:

I've been with O2 for many years now as I felt they offered very good customer service, however I've become increasingly unhappy with them over the last year with regular 'Sorry!' errors when browsing, apparently poorer internet performance than their rivals (any truth to this?) and very slow responses to software updates.

So I'm considering switching.

Things have changed a lot since I moved to O2 and stayed there - Tmobile and Orange now share network coverage so presumably Tmobile aren't as notoriously rubbish for coverage that always left them ruled out for me, Three also have apparently increased their coverage however I hear their customer service is still dreadful, and Vodafone are supposed to be good with data although I'm a little adverse to using them after their big tax dodge.

[Orange btw I will not touch after actually being actively and deliberately lied to and ripped off by them, and had to threaten to take them to court]

So who here has up to date experience of various UK networks, in terms of coverage, internet use and customer service, and what are your thoughts?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones