• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best way to safely remove sd card htc tattoo??

Heedy

Lurker
Sep 6, 2010
Hi , can somebody please tell me the best way to safely remove my micro sd card from my htc tattoo....I want to delete some files from it.

I want to know if i can just switch off the phone, take off the back, remove the sd card and put it into a card reader and then plug that into a usb port on my computer. Or do i need to go to settings-applications-sd card-dismount sd card???

Or can use the cable that connects my phone to the pc?

Either way do i need to dismount first through settings and applications??

Many thanks!

First of all welcome to the forums! You can actually go about modifying your SD card either way... as long as your phone is off you can safely remove your SD card and hook it up with a card reader... or if you hook your phone up to your computer leave your SD card mounted and you can browse to it from your computer... the only time you will really need to dismount your SD card through settings and applications is if you were planing to remove the SD card with your phone turned on... Hope this helps!!

Reactions: Heedy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones