• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
install one the themes, i am using sempiternals and i've got a quadrant score of around 1550 (best i've hit lol)
i'm really looking forward to the camera fix too because i'd have no need to go back to 2.1 again.
also with the dual-touch update looking likely to be out soon, tomorrow in japan it seems, hopefully we can have the drivers installed into the custom roms aswell

oh to add, if you install the hotfix 4a after you install a theme you should be getting quadrant of around 1500
i spent a lot of time looking through the thread and eventually asked what i was doing wrong to be getting a score in the 800's when people were getting close to double that

well I'm going back to 2.1 until camera fix is released, hopefully that will be very soon :)

Upvote 0
back on topic:

i install this by root explorer, set the permissions to what the original vending.apk was
then it all looks great until i download anything...

when i download anything, after the app installs i get immediate force close of the market and i cant fix it, i am having to restore my backup.
i have tried with a couple of apps as i thought maybe the one app i was getting was giving me the problem.

nevermind, i installed the zip file after restoring my backup and it seems better this time

Upvote 0
how i can open this with astro?

This isn't an app....this replaces your Market. In order to do that you need to have your phone rooted and probably need to install Titanium backup.

But it does say in the first post that you need xRecovery and load it through there.

So, if your phone isn't rooted and doesn't have Busybox and xRecovery console setup, then this probably isn't for you.

Here is a better explanation of what to do that doesn't require xRecovery:

[Working][App]Black Market 2.2.7 - xda-developers

Obviously this requires that the phone is rooted and it may mess things up. Just to warn you. Backup before you do anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones