• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help black screen of death

do i get the dunce of the day hat??

Haha! :D

No mate. it's a useful phrase for people when you know they've screwed a computer or phone up through their actions and you don't want to say it's their fault when they insist on a diagnosis.

To be honest, there could be a number of reasons that it either didn't boot or got stuck in a loop. The nice thing about Android is that it's a pretty hardy beast. Bet you were looking for some toilet tissue when it happened though. :)

Upvote 0
had a heart in mouth momement.

phone went dead. no buttons working. wouldn't wake up or switch on or reboot. just blackness.....

thought my phone had died

took out battery and then it restarted. phew

what causes that??????

I have no idea what causes it but its happened to me a couple of times. The only way I could get it to turn on was to boot into recovery and reboot from there.

Can I have a dunce hat too. I did get the idiot joke either.

Upvote 0
Haha! :D

No mate. it's a useful phrase for people when you know they've screwed a computer or phone up through their actions and you don't want to say it's their fault when they insist on a diagnosis.

To be honest, there could be a number of reasons that it either didn't boot or got stuck in a loop. The nice thing about Android is that it's a pretty hardy beast. Bet you were looking for some toilet tissue when it happened though. :)

thing was i hadn't done anything to it. would have been less concerned if i'd been tinkering....

one minute i was sending a text, put the phone down for 30 minutes to do some work, picked it up and nothing!

hey ho, survived:D:D:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones