• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help black screen when call

my Droid RAZR MAXX HD 32 gig. When I go to make a phone the screen goes black even if I'm holding it away from my face. away from the proximity sensor I have two way communication but can not hang up the phone unless I make the power button my hang up. The phone was recently everything replaced except proximity sensor. But if I try to block the proximity sensor at any other time it does not make the screen go black so I can't punch in any numbers to leave somebodya message on their answering machine I can't put it on speaker unless I use the power button as my hang up my phone will stay off until the other line disconnects.any help I really appreciated
sincerely gaggrouper 22.

my Droid RAZR MAXX HD 32 gig. When I go to make a phone the screen goes black even if I'm holding it away from my face. away from the proximity sensor I have two way communication but can not hang up the phone unless I make the power button my hang up. The phone was recently everything replaced except proximity sensor. But if I try to block the proximity sensor at any other time it does not make the screen go black so I can't punch in any numbers to leave somebodya message on their answering machine I can't put it on speaker unless I use the power button as my hang up my phone will stay off until the other line disconnects.any help I really appreciated
sincerely gaggrouper 22.

If you're rooted you can use an Xposed module to disable the proximity sensor. The screen will be active when making a call, but at least it won't go black.

Actually fixing the proximity sensor issue is a hardware thing, not a software thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones