• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

On speaker phone, screen blacks out and call drops

metroidRoid2

Sep 30, 2017
1. When I make a call on speaker phone and hold it in front of my mouth, after a few seconds the screen will black out. How do I prevent this?

2. Also, when I make a call in front of my computer, many times my calls will drop. If I make a call from the living room, no dropped calls. Could Wi-fi signals interfere with cell phone signals and cause calls to drop? On the other hand, I have noticed that when the other person can't hear me, this seems to occur right after the screen blacks out. What is could be causing the dropped calls? This happens quite frequently.

1. When I make a call on speaker phone and hold it in front of my mouth, after a few seconds the screen will black out. How do I prevent this?

2. Also, when I make a call in front of my computer, many times my calls will drop. If I make a call from the living room, no dropped calls. Could Wi-fi signals interfere with cell phone signals and cause calls to drop? On the other hand, I have noticed that when the other person can't hear me, this seems to occur right after the screen blacks out. What is could be causing the dropped calls? This happens quite frequently.
1.maybe try adjusting your screen timeout. or maybe you are holding the phone to close to your mouth that the phone thinks you have it next to your head and thus shuts the screen off.

2.have you tried using wifi calling?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones