• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Black Verizon silicone case vs diztronic v3

I got the VZW Black Silicone case to use until I got the Diztronic and I gotta say the Diztronic is way better IMO and half the Price I paid $9 shipped for the Diztronic and I paid $20 for the VZW and that was with a discount it retails at $25 .

The VZW probably would give a little more protection but it just seemed very cheap and overpriced it reminded me of some cheap cases I bought off ebay for my Incredible that were only $3 each . The Diztronic fits with the extended battery as well . My only complaint is the volume buttons should be cut out ( which it looks like they are doing now ) other the that I love the case . I also used the Casemate Barely there case and like this one better especially since it fits the extended battery

If you like the bulkier VZW case I'd just buy a silcon case on ebay for $5 it's probably the same thing

Upvote 0
I have both as well and I think the Diztronic is a better overall case, however, there is one thing I like better about the Verizon one: The volume control cover on the Diztronic is much better and works the volume controls much more easily. Unfortunately, I find myself constantly, accidentally adjusting the volume. In the end I went back to the Verizon one because it doesn't transmit force to the volume keys nearly as efficiently.

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0
The Diz is a great case, cheap, excellent customer support, great fit (extended and standard battery). You really can't beat it for $9. The matte just doesn't have enough grip to it for me. I use it whenever I dont feel the need for tons of protection, mostly just at home. Haven't used the protector that came with the case although I did notice it doesn't have a cut out for the front facing camera.

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0
I have both as well and I think the Diztronic is a better overall case, however, there is one thing I like better about the Verizon one: The volume control cover on the Diztronic is much better and works the volume controls much more easily. Unfortunately, I find myself constantly, accidentally adjusting the volume. In the end I went back to the Verizon one because it doesn't transmit force to the volume keys nearly as efficiently.

If you email diz and tell them this you're likely to get a a rev 3 with the volume cutouts as a free replacement.

No guarantees but they are very nice like that. I'd just be sure to be polite, etc.

:D

Reactions: Ltgk20
Upvote 0
Anybody found a holster that works with the Diz?

ETA: The Diz is awesome. I cant believe it was 9 Bucks! If u need a slim case and not any "extra" protection then the Diz is perfect. I wish i could use it all day, everyday. I work in rough outdoor conditions so I use the Defender during the day.

I'm using the holster from the Verizon Shell/Holster combo. Rev3 fits right in there. Im using the extended battery backplate as well.

Recommend!

Reactions: ChappellHeel
Upvote 0
thank you. Yes please do let us know your thoughts.

Got the SGP Ultra Oleo in today. Much better than the one that comes with the Diztronic. In terms of clarity, it is very clear, but the one that came with the Diztronic was very clear as well. The issue with the Diztronic was the rainbow effect and it being a grease magnet. The SGP has no rainbow effect, and barely picks up any fingerprints. Only gripe is that it isn't edge to edge, but I can live with that.

img1076d.jpg

img1079tu.jpg

img1078z.jpg

img1077wy.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones