1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

blacked out market problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pmac10, May 18, 2011.

1. pmac10

pmac10 Newbie

hello all,
    just downloaded the blacked out market from SUroot's sig and cant get it to work, perhaps one of you could tell me what i'm doing wrong.
    i downloaded zip
    transferred to root of sd card
    boot into recovery
    nandroid backup
    install zip from sd card
    choose zip
    install

then it carries out the install and says complete with the message about blacked out man. when i reboot the phone it is nowhere to be found, ive seen screenshots where it appears as an app icon, my market app opens normally in green, any ideas??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Try uninstalling any market updates you have installed.

One problem is this isnt the latest version, so your marketupdater.apk will update it to the latest green version shortly after flashing it anyway. If you want to stay black, you have to remove that too.

pmac10 likes this.
  3. pmac10

pmac10 Newbie

would i be right in saying freezing the updater with titanium backup would have the desired effect??

4. SUroot

Yes probably would tbh. Good idea.

5. pmac10

pmac10 Newbie

give up, cant think of any thing else (not that bothered about the app, its the cant make it work that pisses me off), maybe its a CM7 thing, see a lot of people having similar problems with black Gmail on CM7 on xda's and i cant find the market apk in system/app. i wonder if its because CM7 doesn't come with google apps?

6. SUroot

the market app is vendor.apk if that helps. You flash gaps to system/app so not sure why it wouldnt work. You just have to make sure all market updates are uninstalled first, freeze the updater (if that works) wipe dalvik cache and flash

pmac10 likes this.
  7. pmac10

pmac10 Newbie

right, now i am giving up, thanks for all your help SUroot (not just on this forum), i've tried all i can see as logical and more and as i said im not that bothered about the the app, on the plus side, i've learnt a lot, am back on gingervillian (2.3.4,) and running 1113MHz which is frekkin awesome!

8. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert

I downloaded inverted 2.3.6 market off the driod forum and it sorta worked for me BUT it doesnt look right...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cant see the name of the app nor the name of the person but when I highlight it they are there! What can I do?
    [​IMG]

9. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert

Ive figured out the problem. I had to turn on the compatibility mode. It looks great! Yiipppeeee! :D

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews