• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root blacked out market problem

hello all,
just downloaded the blacked out market from SUroot's sig and cant get it to work, perhaps one of you could tell me what i'm doing wrong.
i downloaded zip
transferred to root of sd card
boot into recovery
nandroid backup
install zip from sd card
choose zip
install

then it carries out the install and says complete with the message about blacked out man. when i reboot the phone it is nowhere to be found, ive seen screenshots where it appears as an app icon, my market app opens normally in green, any ideas??

give up, cant think of any thing else (not that bothered about the app, its the cant make it work that pisses me off), maybe its a CM7 thing, see a lot of people having similar problems with black Gmail on CM7 on xda's and i cant find the market apk in system/app. i wonder if its because CM7 doesn't come with google apps?

Upvote 0
I downloaded inverted 2.3.6 market off the driod forum and it sorta worked for me BUT it doesnt look right...

1307276013021.jpg

1307276028527.jpg

I cant see the name of the app nor the name of the person but when I highlight it they are there! What can I do?
1307276013021.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones