1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Blackout ICS Incredible v3.2.0 - ICS 4.0.4, Sense 3.6

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ral, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ral

ral Android Expert

[​IMG]

I think this is one of the more promising Sense ROM's available for the Desire HD so I decided to start a thread to consolidated questions, tips and tricks regarding this ROM.

What is Blackout ICS Incredible v3.2?

Blackout ICS Incredible v.3.2.0 is a Android 4.0.4 ROM with a Sense 3.6 interface ported from the official HTC ROM for the Incredible S. You can download the ROM from this link.

Does is it work?

The ROM is good enough to be a daily driver but there are a couple of issues:

1. Blackout Tweaks

- Hiding status bar icons may result in not being able to unhide them.
    - Haptic feedback settings don't stick on reboot.

2. Chrome browser drawing issues - Really a Chrome issue which I have observed several ROM's. The only ICS ROM which runs the Chrome browser perfectly is aospX.

How to get a problem free install

1. Do a full wipe

2. Flash Blackout 3.2.0 ROM

3. In the AROMA installer allow AROMA to do a full wipe, even if you already did a full wipe with 4Ext or CWM

4. Flash the Blackout-v32-IMERosieBT-Patch.zip

5. Flash p2pjack v0.2 kernel

6. Flash the WiFi Patch by gummbah30.

7. Reboot

Issue which are device specific.

Proximity calibration. I need to calibrate the Proximity Sensor on my phone. I use Proximity Recalibration v. 1.10.

Other issues

If you feel the UI lags selecting Supersmooth or Ultrasmooth in Blackout Tweaks makes if faster.

Old issues - FIXED

a) FM Radio - Fixed in v3.1.

b) Group SMS bug - Fixed in v3.1.

c) Long SMS - Fixed in v3.1.

d) MMS - - Fixed in v3.1.

e) Blackout shortcut on the the Quick settings menu does not work - Fixed in v3.1.

f) Lag Creep - Fixed in v3.1 by removing Andred_OC.

g) Google Maps Compass - Fixed by updating Google Maps.

h) Occasional 3G Signal drop - Fixed in v3.1.

i) "Metallic" voice during calls - Fixed in v3.1.1 / 3.2.0

j) VOIP not working (static) - Fixed in v3.1.1

k). Headset does not work for voice calls - Fixed in v3.1.1

j). GPS issues with some devices - Fixed with 3.1.1

k) Turning on Bluetooth keeps CPU locked at 100% speed when Bluetooth is turn off WHILE THE SCREEN IS AWAKE - Fixed by patch.

l) Default keyboard Number Pad will force close on launch - Fixed by patch.

m) Rosie is overly sensitive on some devices - Fixed by patch.

n) Headset buttons don't work - Fixed by p2pjacks kernel

o) WiFi Hotspot - Fixed by gummbah30's patch.

Ewoedo, bobix86, green0815 and 3 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Nice idea ral - thanks for sharing for those who are interested in trying this ROM out! :)

3. ral

ral Android Expert

Oh, I think I am going to become a ROM junkie.

4. ral

ral Android Expert

One fix.

In bold is the response of csstayton, one of the developers.

This one is strange. With the new install, the Playstore ask me to make a few updates, which I did. Google Maps was not one of them.

Search for Google Maps using the Playstore app and could not find it. So I searched for it in my laptops web browser. Found the Google Play page and it reported "Installed". I clicked install anyway, and it proceeded. Normally if an app is installed you cannot install it to the same device again.

Problem fixed.

5. ral

ral Android Expert

Okay we can scratch this possible fix to the SMS/MMS bug. Flashing a new Radio would not appear to solve the issue. Deleted the content so as not to cause confusion.

Thanks Dave.

6. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

See my reply on the xda thread re. radios/MMS etc

Dave

ral likes this.
  7. ral

ral Android Expert

I am my eight day on this ROM. Last night I started from a fresh install, restoring a Nandroid backup i made after the original install. Basically, default less the packaged apps I uninstalled plus Titanium Back-up.

I have steered clear of the OC Deamon this time. So far after one heavy day of use at work, no signs of lag anywhere. I did enable Ultrasmooth rosie, but this time it was a choice. Normal was fine too. Of course Ultrasmooth rosie.

Several guys at XDA are recommending instead of using the Ander_OC, if you want to OC this ROM, use Set CPU instead.

kunal_buddha likes this.
  8. ral

ral Android Expert

On another matter, I learned today that my carrier is officially launching its LTE service this weekend and upgraded its towers in my area middle last week.

This could have some impact on two issues I noted:

• 3G signal going off for short periods of time than going on again.
    • GTalk does not seem to realize the connection was lost, and requires a quick toggle of the Mobile Network setting to reconnect.
    I decided to revert to my old ROM (ARHD 6.3.3) to see if this is the result of a RIL/Radio mismatch or local network changes. My old ROM has RIL's perfectly matched to my Radio. Will observe for a day or two.

9. ral

ral Android Expert

Okay, so I am back on Android 2.3.5. Never noticed the 3G signal dropping intermittently before but it happens on ARHD too, but less frequently. But GTalk logs back on automatically, so it was never an issue.

I guess I will stick with ARHD for a bit until the next update on the Blackout ROM. If it does not come by the weekend (another long 3 day weekend), well I just downloaded the latest CM 7.2 nightly :)

10. buhor

buhor Lurker

I m running this rom too blackout and I had the same lag problem all you have to do is select ultrasmooth and daemon controller select diferent cpu freq and problem solved is super fast

ral likes this.
  11. buhor

buhor Lurker

I recomend freq smartassv2

Attached Files:

12. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Which 'cpu freq' do you recommend?

13. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Every CPU is different. For example, mine is set to max. out at 1375 but others have reported that they bcan't go much above 1000.

Dave

14. ral

ral Android Expert

The default speed of the DHD is 1 GHz @ 1200 vdd (voltage). A lot of ROM's start with much more aggressive settings being both overclock and under volted, example:

ARHD/Virtuous Affinity - 1.15 GHz @ 1075 vdd
    Ice Cold Sandwich - 1.075 GHz @ 1100 vdd

But like dvhttn said, no guaranties.

15. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

I would use smartass v2 at 1GHz, then change if you're gonna be doing anything CPU intensive to about 1.2...

I only managed a - 25mA under volt...
    (on ARHD, couldn't do it on Blackout)

16. Randles

Randles Member

I have this rom at the moment and have to say its awesome. A few bugs but very good indeed. There should be an update in the next few days to iron out most if not all bugs.

17. ral

ral Android Expert

The Dev's are uploading 3.1 as I post this :D

But here is the new changelog:

Not working (its a short list :) )

Hot Spot WIP
    Arrowless Keyboard in Landscape is WIP
    Front Facing Cam on myTouch WIP

18. ral

ral Android Expert

19. ral

ral Android Expert

Updated original post.

20. ral

ral Android Expert

This discussion is on XDA, but opted to repost here. I think this is the issue that caused so many problems with v.3.0.0. Posted for info.

If you are running separate sleep (conservative) and wake (ondemand) profiles this would be correct. It is more efficient than running the governor set to ondemand with a sleep profile.

This is the setting you find on the first tab of the OC Daemon controller, and what virtuous and andrev_oc are designed for.

If you run something like smartassv2 or interactive, which have their own built in sleep settings, you run this from the second tab in the OC Daemon. Sleep and wake profiles are irrelevant. Please note, that this area is for testing. If you want to run these governors instead, it is recommended you disable the OC daemon.

Source 1

Source 2

If you are planning to use smartassv2 or interactive, you are better off using something else.

The one which works best for a DHD is beta 3.3.

To make sure the you installed it correctly browse system/etc/andrev_oc

So, what governor do you plan to use :thinking:

21. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hi,

Just installed Blackout ICS 3.1 last night and it’s a great improvement on 3.0, keyboard is better and the lag is almost certainly gone… just a couple of issues:

• WiFi Hotspot & Poor Battery Life [which everyone is already aware of]
    • I can’t get the voice-to-text feature to work in text messaging, previously I’d tap the mic icon on the keyboard and start speaking, but now nothing happens… any advice?

Only 12-hours in so will post more finding later

Thanks
    Jay

ral likes this.
  22. ral

ral Android Expert

Poor Battery Life - Easy fix. Install AnTuTu CPU Master Free or paid version of SetCPU and set governor to smartassv2. Free version of SetCPU and No Frills do not work.

Now on for 17 hours and 28 minutes at 57% with 3G on 24/7.

Also, check out this related post at this forum.

andy_3_913 and Deleted User like this.
  23. ral

ral Android Expert

Tested the voice to test feature on my phone. It works on Swiftkey but cannot get it to work with stock keyboard.

Thanks.

Deleted User likes this.
  24. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hi Ral,

Just downloaded AnTuTu CPU Master Free as suggested and set Scaling as 'smartassv2' and will report soon how I get on.

Do I need to select 'Set on boot'?

Thanks again

25. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Yes... set on boot, so it remembers each time you reboot your phone :)

andy_3_913, Deleted User and ral like this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews