1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Blank Widget

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by silki, Mar 18, 2011.

1. silki

silki Lurker
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Just got an Xperia X8

Does anyone know of a Blank Widget or a see through widget that i can have on my home screen .... I like the wallpaper i have and i don't want a Widget in the middle of it ... but i do like widget on my other home screens as they are useful

Help ?

Advertisement

2. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    depending on what you want the widget to do it might be a bit tricky.. If you want a short cut to an app you could get minimalistic text free from the market, you could create a new widget containing only a space (or see through text) and then assign the app you want to the tap event.

If you want the widget to do something like change profiles you would need to combine minimalistic text with something like tasker which is not free but is very powerful (it has one heck of a steep learning curve though)....

3. silki

silki Lurker
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    staffsmatt - thanks for getting back to me

No the Widget does not need to do anything at all.

On the X8 on 2.1 you can't have short cuts on your home screen as it uses teh four corners (SE tweak on the UI i think)

So you dont think one exists with you talking about making my own ?

4. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Between Imladris and Lothl
    Since the .png graphics format handles transparency, I imagine you could use an editor which handles that format to create the transparent icon. Then if you have a launcher which allows you to use your own icons, it would be a trivial task. Launcher Pro Plus does this, I'm certain other launchers do too.

5. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    By shortcut I mean 1 x 1 icon that you tap and it opens an app, can you not add that by long pressing on your home screen?

What do you want the widget to do? If there isn't one available on the market then making your own would be your best bet....

A blank png file would do it too although you may have the label showing below it....

You could also try asking on your devices devoted forum (down the bottom of the androidforums home page).

6. silki

silki Lurker
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    No the X8 doe snot let you have anything other than widgets on the home screen or apps in the four corners

I dont need teh app to do anything so maybe a PNG is a good idea and Ill just make it myself.