• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Block Incoming Texts ???

Hi all ... my wife is receiving a text message from her neice at least 5 times a day. It's friving her up a wall. Is there any way she can block her texts on her Slider ?? She is using handcent as her default messaging app. The phone is rooted but she is running the stock ROM ...

Thanks in advance

Yes you can block texts via that feature in your account at your carrier's site; log in and search for it. AT&T allows for 30 numbers to be blocked, Verizon 10, etc.

Upvote 0
Yes you can block texts via that feature in your account at your carrier's site; log in and search for it. AT&T allows for 30 numbers to be blocked, Verizon 10, etc.

Thanks Frisco .... I should have mentioned that she is on Virgin Mobile and I have scoured the site for any info there. It's a pretty unsofisticated site. Then again for 45 bucks a month I can't complain. I do have a querry out to Virgin mobile and we shall see what that brings !!

At any rate, thanks Frisco

Upvote 0
She needs to log into her VM account, then click the Phone, Apps & More tab. On the left side click Edit Message Settings. A pop-up will open to block text messages, and she can enter her niece's number and/or email into a box.

You da man Barky .... I can't believe I didn't see that. Thanks so much for the response. She loves her neice but somehow shes getting 5 to 10 tetxt messages that her neice is not even aware she is sending. We areally appreciate the help !!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones