• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Block Text Messages?

WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT REPLY to spammers. This only lets them know for sure they have reached a phone where texting is available. This may and probably will lead to more texts from this spammer or the spammer may sell you number to even more spammers. Block them but do not reply. Boo JezterVA very bad advice.

The only problem with that idea is that it works like email. If the number isn't reached they'll get an error message returned to them, so they'll know if you're just ignoring them even if you don't reply back.

Upvote 0
I am getting unsolicited spam messages in Whatsapp on my Galaxy IIS. I have sent a message to WhatsApp via their Support, and have not heard back. The messages are coming from a USA (+1 XXX) number and the content relates to prizes to be claimed for winning an IPad with a link for confirming this. Of course I do not press the link. I only have a couple of WhatsApp contacts. . I have suggested a "report this as Abuse" button to the WhatsApp people. How can these Spam WhatsApp messages be stopped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones