• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blocking numbers from calling/texting?

omgu8myrice

Oct 17, 2010
So, long story short.. I have an ex gf who is pissed off at me since I started dating someone else. Acting like a child, she put my # up on craigs list acting like I was interested in men and wanting to meet up for sex (I'll admit, it is kind of funny, just not when it's happening to you).

So now I have like ~10 guys who call me several times a day, or text me (sometimes pictures.. wtf) and it's driving me insane. I thought they'd stop after a while, but it's going on like 3 weeks now and it's still a daily occurrence. Is there any way I can block the number so I don't receive their calls/texts? I'd rather avoid having to go to Verizon and explaining the situation lol.

You do in fact need a third party app... but then again isn't that what Android is for? I use CallFilter for calls, the paid version will do SMS as well but I use Handcent which will blacklist SMS for free, just do a hard press on the annoying text and there will bed an option to blacklist. Pretty useful and both are free.

Upvote 0
You do in fact need a third party app... but then again isn't that what Android is for? I use CallFilter for calls, the paid version will do SMS as well but I use Handcent which will blacklist SMS for free, just do a hard press on the annoying text and there will bed an option to blacklist. Pretty useful and both are free.
Installed Handcent, so far so good. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones