• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth air purifiers v/s Normal air purifiers

legendkiller

Apr 28, 2014
I am scouting for air purifiers to get rid of my birch pollen allergy and asthma which is making life difficult . I was planning on buying this particular air purifier from Clair http://go-clair.com/ but then I figured out there are few android compatible ones in the market manufactured by Honeywell http://www.honeywellcleanair.com/air-purifiers/bluetooth/

As usual in a dilemma .. Both are under $200 . If you don't mind can you help me make the choice ?

I saw the app, already confused by many buttons and functions. It looks cool, but I mean, are we really using it? If you use air purifier while sleeping, does it mean you have to turn bluetooth on?

On the other hand, Clair air purifier has only one button to turn on/off and set modes. And as I read its information, the power consumption is so low (around 3-6W hourly), that I think I don't even bother to turn it off.

Upvote 0
I suppose they all work in similar ways, use the same sort of pollen and fine particle filtering. I'd go for the BT one, more interesting and probably convenient remotely controlling it with your phone or tablet.

Hmm.. at first look even I found the bluetooth air purifier interesting but after a bit of online research it appears to be just very fancy and comes with too many filters which is a hassle to maintain and its more or less like any HEPA air purifier only difference being the mobile app .

I am leaning towards the Clair air purifier TD1866 model at the moment since technology wise it seems to be more superior that the Honeywell purifier and other HEPA variants in the market .

Upvote 0
I saw the app, already confused by many buttons and functions. It looks cool, but I mean, are we really using it? If you use air purifier while sleeping, does it mean you have to turn bluetooth on?

On the other hand, Clair air purifier has only one button to turn on/off and set modes. And as I read its information, the power consumption is so low (around 3-6W hourly), that I think I don't even bother to turn it off.

At the moment even I feel Clair air purifier looks more user friendly and easier to maintain in the long run since the filter replacement isn't a major hassle and the power consumption seems to be so low making it more economical in the long run ..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones