• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth headset works well for phone, but v bad for playing music

markitzer0

Lurker
Feb 6, 2015
My BT headset is near unusable to listen to music at the gym; it "skips" (music cuts out for a split second) perhaps once every 20 seconds. What I don't understand is that when I use it to make calls, it seems to work quite well: the other person's voice never cuts out, and I'm told that my voice doesn't cut out at all either.

Which doesn't make sense to me...why is the connection so reliable when I'm using it as a phone headset, but it skips like crazy when I'm just using it to listen to music (which I've downloaded to my phone; so it's not streaming)? Does my Moto G, like, give the BT connection a higher / more reliable "priority" or womething when it's being used as a phone headset?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones