• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth: Paired but not connected -- HELP!!

Hi Guys

I'm new to this forum but looks like you guys know what you are doing.

OK, I am trying to pair a Samsung Galaxy Note to a Motorola T505 hands free car speaker.
I....
1. Put the T505 in Pairing mode
2. Open Settings>Wireless & Network>Bluetooth settings
3. Scan for devices
4. Find Motorola T505 and hit "Pair and connect".

After this, I get on my phones screen that the devices are paired but the "tick" next to the device (T505) is greyed out. When I try and make and receive call, I just get normal phone functions.

I have tried unpairing and reconnecting. Shutting down both devices and a combination of everything in between.

I couldn't find the folders listed in the Dec 2011 reply above but I am about to go nuts if I cant get it fixed.

Any ideas?!?!

Upvote 0
Deleting the content, not the files, just the content of the following files did the trick, much to my relief.

here's what you do:
(SU rights required)

edit the file:
/data/misc/bluetoothd/{some number}/names
and delete all data in it
save it

edit the file:
/data/misc/bluetoothd/(some number}/linkkeys
and delete all data in it
save it

Hi

Lately I've upgraded my Samsung ACE from GingerReal 1.4 ROM to 2.0 (Gingerbread 2.3.4 to 2.3.6 KPH). My old Jabra BT headset used to work all right and after change to the new ROM my Jabra paired but couldn't connect. I've trusted solution above and paid for a good Root Explorer. Then I did what HeinG suggested. My names file was empty, but linkkeys was filled and I deleted the content, then rebooted. Voila! Everything is fine now. Thanks very much HeinG!

Upvote 0
Great, it works (jabra stone + samsung galaxy SII with android 4.0.3 cyanogen)

Only one more info : to purge the two files names and linkkeys, I was obliged to use adb, set my phone on debug mode, launch command "adn -d shell" on my PC and then run "su" command on adb prompt, otherwise, I was not able to reach those files ... It took some times to me to find all that stuff ....
Regards, Herve

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones