• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Tethering Xoom to OG Droid

EDIT: Oops, I ment Bluetooth not usb.

NOTE : This pertains to " OG Droid Only " Not Droid x or ect.
I've been searching other threads about tethering my xoom to my non-rooted Droid via bluetooth and they always bleed off to other phones and never get to the point of the origional post.

Any had any success pairing AND connecting the Droid and Xoom to share the Droid's internet ? I can get the two to pair and transfer pics/files but when I go to the BT menu and try to select the device to connect, the only option is "unpair" on both devices. I also tried PDAnet and no luck. It's like the two ignore each other when it comes to data connection sharing. My phone is up to date and some say they share droid's their data connection via bluetooth without rooting.

So, if any successful folks care to chime in, I would be thankful... If rooting is my only option, i'll have to take that step, though I don't know where to begin.

EDIT: Oops, I ment Bluetooth not usb.

NOTE : This pertains to " OG Droid Only " Not Droid x or ect.
I've been searching other threads about tethering my xoom to my non-rooted Droid via bluetooth and they always bleed off to other phones and never get to the point of the origional post.

Any had any success pairing AND connecting the Droid and Xoom to share the Droid's internet ? I can get the two to pair and transfer pics/files but when I go to the BT menu and try to select the device to connect, the only option is "unpair" on both devices. I also tried PDAnet and no luck. It's like the two ignore each other when it comes to data connection sharing. My phone is up to date and some say they share droid's their data connection via bluetooth without rooting.

So, if any successful folks care to chime in, I would be thankful... If rooting is my only option, i'll have to take that step, though I don't know where to begin.

here is a step by step guide, but you need root.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/03/01/how-to-bluetooth-tether-to-motorola-xoom-using-original-droid/#more-27319

Reactions: railrode1
Upvote 0
I rooted my phone today and am trying to pair and connect my motorola droid to my xoom pad. How were you able to accomplish this? What program did you use? I'm trying to use wireless tethering which I downloaded the APK from a website. I was able to pair the two devices but am unable to get them to connect and share the internet connection. I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank-You!

Upvote 0
This was posted on another forum. No need for root or any other app. Worked for my Xoom to DX.

1: on XOOM, go to settings>wireless & networks>tethering and portable hotspot and make sure that "Bluetooth Tethering" is UNCHECKED

2: on XOOM, go to settings>wireless & networks> enable airplane mode

3: on XOOM, go to settings>wireless & networks> enable bluetooth

4: on your android phone, go to settings>wireless & networks (or equivalent)> enable bluetooth

5: Make sure that both devices are discoverable, so that they can see one another, should be in settings>wireless & networks>bluetooth settings

6: on XOOM, go to settings>wireless & networks>bluetooth settings>select your phone in order to pair it with your XOOM

7: a box should pop up on both devices, select Pair on both devices

8: on XOOM, once the pairing is complete (still inside bluetooth settings), select the phone, it should say paired but not connected underneath it

9: The two devices should connect, once connected there should be a wrench next to the connected device, clicking on this will show an option to tether, click this option if it is not automatically enabled

10: TA-DA, if it worked then in the bottom right hand corner of your XOOM should have two bluetooth icons, one should indicated that your bluetooth is turned on and the other should say bluetooth tethered

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones