• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth tethering internet speed

elflamablanca

Feb 8, 2023
I have my Z Fold 4 sharing it's internet connection with my Pixel 6a via bluetooth tethering.

How can I see what type of connection/download speeds I am getting? Is it throttled? My Fold will be connected to 5G network but the Pixel loads websites, emails, etc pretty slow.

Also, does the connection come from my unlimited data or will it use data from my allotted amount for mobile Hotspot? I think I have pole 20GB or something for mobile Hotspot data.

I have my Z Fold 4 sharing it's internet connection with my Pixel 6a via bluetooth tethering.

How can I see what type of connection/download speeds I am getting? Is it throttled? My Fold will be connected to 5G network but the Pixel loads websites, emails, etc pretty slow.

Also, does the connection come from my unlimited data or will it use data from my allotted amount for mobile Hotspot? I think I have pole 20GB or something for mobile Hotspot data.

if you're tethering another device, that will be using the phone's mobile hotspot data.

For checking your connection speeds, Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test is often recommended as been reliable. Tethering by Bluetooth can be slow, due to the data limitations of that mode. Try using WiFi tethering instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones