• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Won't Connect After Connecting to a PC via USB

mnemonicj

Android Enthusiast
Sep 21, 2010
I have 5 Bluetooth devices, 3 of them connect to my Captivate every day, my Pioneer car stereo in my car, the stereo in our Nissan Quest, and our Panasonic cordless phone, and since they are all paired they should connect automatically when in range or when the cars are turned on. Recently they weren't connecting automatically and outside of pairing them all again, nothing seemed to work and I didn't know what was causing it.

Come to find out, every time I connected my phone to a computer via USB, even to charge it, even after I disconnected from the computer the Bluetooth wouldn't connect anymore until I turned Bluetooth Off and back ON, then everything would connect to Bluetooth just fine.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones