• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] ICS Compatible kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
How you doing hroark, can someone provide a zip. I will flash if possible.

howsit

well the file Androidjerr is providing for download, looks like a zImage that needs to be packed with a RAM disk before you can flash it.

I would like to hear from Androidjerr a little before I try this on my phone, or suggest anyone else does.

This Androidjerr guy is creating some very interesting threads in this forum, he is working on Jelly Bean, CWM touch and has released a 3.0 kernel, I am almost afraid it is too good to be true, but I will wait and see.

Reactions: nefcpainter119
Upvote 0
This is a zimage i cant pack it on my laptop and need to get a new one because this wont even run debian squeeze. Cwm touch i just used the online builder and i am currently tweaking it. And this kernel is part of the jellybean project thate and yankee are working on. Yumm aosp. Anyone that wants to work on aosp you can contact me or yankees5963

Upvote 0
This is a zimage i cant pack it on my laptop and need to get a new one because this wont even run debian squeeze. Cwm touch i just used the online builder and i am currently tweaking it. And this kernel is part of the jellybean project thate and yankee are working on. Yumm aosp. Anyone that wants to work on aosp you can contact me or yankees5963

Hi Androidjerr, thanks for replying.

I was just wondering how you were able to make the zImage, what source code did you use. Did you take 3.0 kernel source from another phone and modify it to work for the Warp?

I would love to help with the AOSP, but as you may know I really do not have the time to do dev work until I straighten some things out in my life.

I have worked on CM7, CM9 and CAF for the Warp, but I always hit into a wall when it come to getting the RIL to work. Hopefully you can use some of the stuff I did in your project.

All I have to say is, if you were actually able to make a genuine 3.0 kernel for the Warp, that boots and functions, you must be a very talented dev, and I look forward to seeing what you come out with

Reactions: Alsaces Daddy
Upvote 0
Hi Androidjerr, thanks for replying.

I was just wondering how you were able to make the zImage, what source code did you use. Did you take 3.0 kernel source from another phone and modify it to work for the Warp?

I would love to help with the AOSP, but as you may know I really do not have the time to do dev work until I straighten some things out in my life.

I have worked on CM7, CM9 and CAF for the Warp, but I always hit into a wall when it come to getting the RIL to work. Hopefully you can use some of the stuff I did in your project.

All I have to say is, if you were actually able to make a genuine 3.0 kernel for the Warp, that boots and functions, you must be a very talented dev, and I look forward to seeing what you come out with

i took the generic linux 3 kernel and edited in device specifics it was quite easy i am supprised nobody had tried this aproach i figured that was kindof the point of open source.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones