• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM][BETA][4.1.2][Team Osiris] AOKP Jelly Bean for ZTE Warp 1/25/2014

You hook up this USB receiver to your TV and then stream Google play Movies to it using your phone. I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Yes it is a Streamer via a HDMI connection. But the controls have to come from another device such as PC, Tablet, Smartphone, and they must be on the same WiFi network for you to control the Chromecast device.
As you can see the downside is that if you can't get the device to see your Chromecast, you have no way of controlling it. I'm sure more features are in the pipeline as Google is soon to release the SDK.

Upvote 0
Running slick and super smooth! Besides the last couple issues in the OP so far I'm only having problems getting the settings to stick for min and max processor speed, gov and scheduler... But that could just be me. I'll keep playing with it. I just ordered a mic so I can fix my Warp. Once it comes in I'll activate and test everything else... Great job guys! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones