• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/11/13)

In attempts to update my PRL I noticed that while entering ##3828# (##DATA#) Nothing happens, I'm trying to open that so I can use alogcat to retrieve my MSL #. Any advice anyone? I've also tried the terminal emulator string su (enter) getprop ril.MSL (enter) with no luck, only a black line and no MSL. Any help to get an MSL from this rom would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Figured since i shared all the other stuff why not share my custom bootanimation.zip I made and custom bootsound.mp3, If you want either file let me know id be glad to share! :)

My custom boot

BTW its soooooo much easier to add custom boot sounds on the warp than the droid incredible omg, you have to implement it into the bootanimation.zip and all this other bull crap on other phones +1 for ZTE just putting it in the media/ui folder haha.

Upvote 0
So in that case I can go back to the shin rom backup I have, find my msl and come back to my ctmod backup?!? Well hell then never mind that's easy enough.

Long day haha my brains working on overtime.

Thanks much.

That worked perfect I now have my MSL.

Quick question, so you only wanted your MSL code? How did you change your PRL without the hidden menu? I've always changed my PRL by "only diag" thru the hidden menu and changing thru CDMA workshop. Without hiddenmenu I don't know how and I REALLY want to change my PRL because the one I've been using isn't working as well as it used to. Hiddenmenu is very small but probably the most useful apk while on the Boost network. I'm trying to understand why it's absent.

Upvote 0
You have to change the PRL while on the rom you got the msl code from.

Thanks for trying to help. In case you weren't aware, your MSL code is inherent to the handset not the ROM and only changes if you make it so. A ROM doesn't change your MSL. So if you use any ROM that has a hiddenmenu system app you can use your MSL to change your PRL. I think all the ROM's besides our beloved CTMod 3.75 ROM have a hiddenmenu to allow this.

Upvote 0
Quick question, so you only wanted your MSL code? How did you change your PRL without the hidden menu? I've always changed my PRL by "only diag" thru the hidden menu and changing thru CDMA workshop. Without hiddenmenu I don't know how and I REALLY want to change my PRL because the one I've been using isn't working as well as it used to. Hiddenmenu is very small but probably the most useful apk while on the Boost network. I'm trying to understand why it's absent.

Have you looked in this thread? Mr. Bobo noobed CTMod

http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...665853-mod-ctmod-rom-n00bed-rc2-1-4-13-a.html

Upvote 0
He has stopped working on this ROM. Someone else would have to port it and give credit where due.

I went against your judgement and installed from Ti. No problems here! This rom noobed and warp creamed with a few of my own touches rocks! I have zero issues that I was experiencing with other roms except for with one program which wasn't working with ANY rom I tried (and so I bought an alternative app). This one's my new daily.

BUTTER!

I just wish I could get into ##data#.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones