• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] n00b (B10 based) VIII.II FULL Install 1/23/2013

So far this rom is badass as expected i wanted to wait for it to be furthin in development before i switched now im on the noobv update and its worth the few changes that i gave up but i am having one slight issue. I cant create some shortcuts to homescreen like for the warp forums for example and it blows lol its happened on my last rom i dont remember how i fixed it tho but awsome job man

There is an app for that :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lagoscript.bookmarkhome

Upvote 0
I am not in love with the app either, but after you exit the app you can long press on the home screen and hit shortcuts and use the app to put normal shortcuts on the desktop... Kind of, you have to use the share feature and choose the bookmarks app then long press on the desktop...

How about this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kebab.UrlShortcut

Reactions: UnknownUser1
Upvote 0
I am not in love with the app either, but after you exit the app you can long press on the home screen and hit shortcuts and use the app to put normal shortcuts on the desktop... Kind of, you have to use the share feature and choose the bookmarks app then long press on the desktop...

How about this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kebab.UrlShortcut

That will take care of most my needs and the important ones i can easily nav af for this i failed to backup the fandroid app and uninstalled. Thank you and again awsome rom

Upvote 0
Same here. I'll try to give a good explanation to help you and down find the problem.

So everything worked fine for about 5 hours. I use Wi-Fi at home and all of a sudden it stopped having internet connection. .so I switched back to 3g. Got internet back.

Then fixed permissions in cwm. Tried 3g and Wi-Fi again. Same problem.

So I check af and seen someone reported they suddenly had problems and got fc when trying to open location and security.

So I tried and got fc and a error message. (I'll give the error messages at the end)

I tried with Wi-Fi and 3g to see if it was related. Still fc. Fixed permissions again. Still all of the same problems.

So here are the 2 error message's exactly how they popped up.

Application settings (in process com.android.settings) is not responding

Activity Location & security settings (in application com.android.qualcomm) is not responding

****I looked in the system files and seen that there were many new or modified folders under security and Wi-Fi. Also new scripts under zip align. Zip aligning likes to cause force closing in my experience as well****

So the 2 bugs found are not being able time open location and security(force closes)

And Wi-Fi has no problems connecting but sometimes has no internet connection

I be been running update since last night and I am not experiencing no issues yet, my wifi still working and no fc when entering location and security.

Upvote 0
Like I said guys, I can't account for every setup since this is just an update and not a full rom... If you have issues, my best advice is to backup your apps/data using titanium and to reinstall n00bIV, then reboot a couple times and install the update, then restore your user apps/data. I don't see the force closes from a fresh install.

I will look into the apps that have issues, have you tried un installing them and reinstalling?

This was a fairly involved update so I am not surprised that some see issues since it didn't wipe data

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones