• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

i want to be a tester, i am bored with noob rom... its a great rom, but i want something new

Well... I just happen to have one more open spot on the team. Welcome! :D

I have my beta testing set up on a shared Dropbox folder, so you'll have access to all the builds I've made thus far as well as any new ones. When I make a new build (semi-nightly? lol) I'll let the team know via PM, then you'll go to my beta Dropbox (I'll PM you the link straightway) and download the latest version you find there. And let the testing begin!

:party:

Upvote 0
well... I just happen to have one more open spot on the team. Welcome! :d

i have my beta testing set up on a shared dropbox folder, so you'll have access to all the builds i've made thus far as well as any new ones. When i make a new build (semi-nightly? Lol) i'll let the team know via pm, then you'll go to my beta dropbox (i'll pm you the link straightway) and download the latest version you find there. And let the testing begin!

:party:
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: bcottrell
Upvote 0
Lol has it coming

It's coming along nicely! The new build has been rock-solid on my dev unit thus far and will be out for evaluation by the team when they're done putting the previous version through its paces. It's amazing how much more progress you can make when you have a whole compliment of testers :)

And now...
Mini update time!

In the newest build, the worst of the known issues of previous builds have been fixed and init.d scripting is re-enabled, as well as the swap subsystem which this time around is powered by a new script providing a true 512 meg swapfile.

Like most other mods I'm doing in this ROM, the CPU property setting script is as forward-looking as possible: in addition to setting a custom CPU speed, governor and scheduler like most scripts written for this purpose, the one in Warp OEM has an assistive logging feature which records the actual value back from the clocking system to determine the success or failure of the operation. Future devs using this script - especially on devices other than the Warp - may find this helpful if they find themselves needing to make changes to the core script itself, as well as the fact that all four settings can be accessed through global variables right in the beginning of the script, eliminating the need to sift through and change values line-by-line. A simple change in the file's start, and the rest is handled automatically, making edits not only convenient, but reducing the possibility for errors being introduced into the system as well.

Speaking of errors, this script does not have the "infinite log" bug seen in some ROMs in which the CPU property script fails to delete the log file created during the last boot and appends to the log instead of starting fresh. As you can imagine, over time this log grows larger and larger - and never gets removed unless the user is aware of this situation and removes it manually. This bug occurs because the script used by most ROMs is not designed specifically for the Warp (as most things aren't lol) and depends on having direct access the various binaries used for performing basic tasks (e.g. deleting files) whereas the Warp has symbolic links to a single Toolbox binary which does the jobs normally handled by the others, similar to the technique used by Busybox. The script in Warp OEM correctly utilizes this Toolbox to enable itself to operate properly and prevent /data from gradually shrinking.

Goodnight, all :)

Upvote 0
The new build was just uploaded for the testers, and I'm awaiting feedback :)

Speaking of tester feedback...

One reports that his wife doesn't like anything - but she likes this beta! lol

It has been used all day and upon returning home, the phone still had 80% battery remaining :)

I've heard reports of literally everything being thrown at it (wallpapers, widgets, multiple home screens, all kinds of background processes, various voice recognition apps, dialers, etc.) and the ROM hasn't slowed down a bit.

Battery life is reportedly excellent as well, and I'm looking into a way to possibly make it even better.

Granted, there are still bug reports, too. But we're working on that :)

If you folks would like to follow along with said bugs, here's a link to the list we've been working from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlpvjplgvfftqw9/bugs.txt?m

G'night! :goodnight:

Reactions: aaanadie and LilBit
Upvote 0
Well brother, this frigging thing is screamin !!!!!! I'm giving her hell right now, this is fast! I really like the settings interface, wifi and GPS are smoking! Gonna do some more tweaking, and stressing on this rom, but so far so good. Good work my friend!

Sweet! :D Good to hear!

...and I'm not even done yet ;)

Reactions: rickpcb and LilBit
Upvote 0
Looks like your really coming along with this man, looks great, I may have to give it a try again, back in that testing mood again lol....;)

When this ROM drops... it'll be awesome :D Definitely one of the more deeply-modded that the Warp has seen. I'd be glad to hear all the input on it I can, once it's out!

While I'm here, I have a question for you all:

If given the choice, would you rather have speed (an additional ~800 on your Antutu score) or graphical smoothness?

I ask because I have just such a tweak - but I'm not sure if I should include it or not, since it makes the graphics glitch 'n' twitch sometimes.

Upvote 0
When this ROM drops... it'll be awesome :D Definitely one of the more deeply-modded that the Warp has seen. I'd be glad to hear all the input on it I can, once it's out!

If given the choice, would you rather have speed (an additional ~800 on your Antutu score) or graphical smoothness?

I ask because I have just such a tweak - but I'm not sure if I should include it or not, since it makes the graphics glitch 'n' twitch sometimes.

Guess that would depend on the user as weather he want the speed (like me lol) or if you do games on your phone, glad you kept this one going man, always loved the way it ran, so freaking fast lol... kudos dude....:thumb:

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0

Well, you already know me!!:p Speed and Power Merc!!;)

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0
speed speed thats all i see, but you say that now, but when your scrolling thru your browser or your settings and their all choppy and blurred then you'll be complaining. Merc you should make this rom your way, when the next best thing comes out and everybody moves on, this rom will still be here representing all your hard work, so make it yours :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
speed speed thats all i see, but you say that now, but when your scrolling thru your browser or your settings and their all choppy and blurred then you'll be complaining. Merc you should make this rom your way, when the next best thing comes out and everybody moves on, this rom will still be here representing all your hard work, so make it yours :smokingsomb:

Again if its just a small glitch, i dont see were thats a issue and your right, he needs to make it the way he wants....:D

Upvote 0
Well brother, this frigging thing is screamin !!!!!! I'm giving her hell right now, this is fast! I really like the settings interface, wifi and GPS are smoking! Gonna do some more tweaking, and stressing on this rom, but so far so good. Good work my friend!

Yep, screamin!!! I'm beating it up real good and it's not even flinching... As far as speed or smooth, I'm voting for speed! :D It's already smooth!

Reactions: Doc
Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb43

Yep, screamin!!! I'm beating it up real good and it's not even flinching... As far as speed or smooth, I'm voting for speed! :D It's already smooth!

Well then sounds like Doc may need to DL this and give it a try again lol ;)

Is the DL link on the first page.........

Upvote 0
Oh, Warp OEM... Y U NO DONE ALREADY?? Oh well... at least there's an update :)

Well, there's really nothing important to say here lol The majority of the ROM is done and running with - quite literally - flying colors. The latest beta had lag issues coming back from screen-off (no, not from zram. I hate zram lol) but I eliminated unnecessary wait states in speed restore routine, so that should be taken care of. I also did some general housekeeping and fixed up a couple icons - one of which looked downright shoddy - and am putting on some finishing touches as we speak. I think it's safe to say that most likely by the end of next week (Friday the 15th) Warp OEM 2.00 RC1 should be available for public download :D

Right now I need to accomplish these things to meet this timeframe:

-optimize ROM details and init.d scripting
-issue a final beta build for evaluation
-compress ROM files
-bundle it up and upload!

So, bring on the leftover Pizza Hut, pour a glass of :pepsi: and cue the Linkin Park.

Let's do this. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones