• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] ROM's confirmed working for SPH-L710T

Any suggestions on a minimalist rom that works on the SPH-L710T?
No rom I try works.
Most builds are for the 710 not 710T.
Please see a copy of my post below from the main forum.

-

Sprint
Samsung Galaxy S3
SPH-L710T
KitKat 4.4.2
Baseband L710TVPU0ANF4
Stock Image
This phone is the triband model and not the standard 710.
This model also appears branded and sold by Boost Mobile.

The stock rom on this handset is bloated and slow. I just can not stand using it. I want to install a custom and more minimal rom such as Carbon or CM10 or CM11.

The problem is most custom roms were designed for the 710. The 710T has incompatibility issues because the modem and bootloader appear to be different than the 710.

I can install most of the custom roms that are made available for the non-triband model. The problem is the radio doesn't work. The phone can not register on the network because there is no working modem.

I have tried flashing the NF4 radio after installing a handful of custom roms but the modem functionality doesn't appear to return. And the baseband information will display as unknown. Each attempt forces me to flash the stock 4.4.2 build to get the phone working again.

Does anyone have any working suggestions on how I can dump this stock rom and place a more minimalist working rom on the SPH-L710T? Or have I painted myself in a corner by buying the triband model instead of the standard non-lte model?

I have reviewed the other thread that covers known working roms for the SPH-L710M. But I am not clear on the steps to make them work. I tried installing CM11 and flashing NF4. No success.

I have tried CM10, CM11 and Carbon roms. But most of these roms were designed for the 710. The radio doesn't work. I have tried flashing NF4 after installing these roms but still I get no radio. I always have to revert to the stock 4.4.2 build which is SamBloated in order to get the phone in a usable and working state again.

Upvote 0
ok
thanks for your help

i just tried the official 4.4.2 stock rom with stock bootloader and modem for the 710T.
then i tried installing liquidsmooth.
same error from cwm.

this phone sucks. sprint released this phone too late in the game for it to have any widespread support. my guess is most devs were in the fourth quarter or done with the S3 and suddenly the 710T shows up.

use PhilZ not the regular CWM....

Upvote 0
thanks.
I got liquidsmooth to install using the boost image but I am noticing some erratic behavior.
this phone is a Sprint SPH-L710T.

the network name shows as "Boost Mobile"
i dont think 4g/LTE is working
only 3g displayed and data is slow

it appears the signal level is unreliable after installing liquidsmooth
I used to display 2-3 bars continuously but now the signal is frequently lost from this location

are there any settings I need to update or refresh?
and should the network name show boost mobile mvno since I actually have Sprint service?

also I can not change the access point name.
I get the message ""Access Point Name settings are not available for this user"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok
so apn fix for sprint meaning no 4g/lte data
and
i dont know about you guys but on liquidsmooth boost mobile build my gps is only half working
it identifies where i am but loses the signal and maps does not show my location moving
tried airplane/wifi toggle
no luck

i know the Dev, he completely thought that Boost was the only one that had the T model.....not till after he posted the "finished" product did he realize that Virgin and Sprint also had it.....but all that the Virgin users have to do is flash their APN fix and it works like it would on the Boost variant Sprint users on the other hand aren't as lucky the only thing i can think of is to ask the guy who made both APN fixes to make on for Sprint....

Last edited:
Reactions: pOsSuM72
Upvote 0
ok
so apn fix for sprint meaning no 4g/lte data
and
i dont know about you guys but on liquidsmooth boost mobile build my gps is only half working
it identifies where i am but loses the signal and maps does not show my location moving
tried airplane/wifi toggle
no luck
Check Your Private Messages [emoji6]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones