• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Roms?

i lied, it does work... the widgit is what i tried to use... it dont work until you activate the app first

What's up bro? I'm home. We had one heck of a fishing trip and literally CAUGHT A BUCKET FULL. Lol.

I finally got a chance to get caught up in here and it looks like you got it hooked up. Have you got it down to the point we're you can write a step by step on how to get the ROM working?

Upvote 0
well I'm out in the field today running around trying to find a dollar.. running the carbon rom, this baby is sweet, runs rather nice... 4G does not work and it seems like the GPS is not using the actual GPS but triangulated from the towers and always off by hundred yards to 500 yards... so bad GPS kills it for me... back to the moar ROM

Upvote 0
well I'm out in the field today running around trying to find a dollar.. running the carbon rom, this baby is sweet, runs rather nice... 4G does not work and it seems like the GPS is not using the actual GPS but triangulated from the towers and always off by hundred yards to 500 yards... so bad GPS kills it for me... back to the moar ROM

Did you flash the piggyback zip?

Upvote 0
Hey is carbon rom more stable the cm 10.2 looking at the change log it seems to be better

I prefer it to CM. One main thing that's bugs me a LOT is when I'm listening to music with headphones and get a call, the phone rings through the normal speakers and not through the headphones. So annoying :banghead:

Carbon works right

They're all stable enough for daily drivers, cm just has those random bugs that hamper usability for me

Upvote 0
Hey is carbon rom more stable the cm 10.2 looking at the change log it seems to be better
carbon seems great, no fc's, nice and smooth ;):D...

just could not get 4g to work, and gps does work just was not precise like i need for my job. mms does work, however with very poor cell service its basically obsolete, compared to normal stock which would take 10-40 mins to send myself a pick

but if 4g is not a must have, it is a great rom

Upvote 0
carbon seems great, no fc's, nice and smooth ;):D...

just could not get 4g to work, and gps does work just was not precise like i need for my job. mms does work, however with very poor cell service its basically obsolete, compared to normal stock which would take 10-40 mins to send myself a pick

but if 4g is not a must have, it is a great rom

Oh no 4g is a must have i paid for it I'm using it lol did you try manually configuring your apn?

Upvote 0
I prefer it to CM. One main thing that's bugs me a LOT is when I'm listening to music with headphones and get a call, the phone rings through the normal speakers and not through the headphones. So annoying :banghead:

Carbon works right

They're all stable enough for daily drivers, cm just has those random bugs that hamper usability for me

I know what you mean I use Bluetooth in the car and the audio pops wherever I get a text when on vibrate its the little things that piss you off lol

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Oh no 4g is a must have i paid for it I'm using it lol did you try manually configuring your apn?
yup...

APN: Boost_Mobile
Proxy:
Port:
User Name: Boost_Mobile
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mm.myboostmobile.com
MMS Proxy: 68.28.31.7
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 00
APN Type:

typed all that in.... did piggyback.zip four or five times.... did the apn restore from the app trick....

im sure there is a way, was going to mess with it some more tonight, but was out in the field and gps was not on spot, so i had to restore moar

Upvote 0
yup...

APN: Boost_Mobile
Proxy:
Port:
User Name: Boost_Mobile
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mm.myboostmobile.com
MMS Proxy: 68.28.31.7
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 00
APN Type:

typed all that in.... did piggyback.zip four or five times.... did the apn restore from the app trick....

im sure there is a way, was going to mess with it some more tonight, but was out in the field and gps was not on spot, so i had to restore moar

Man... Yeah try a little more and let me know because I'm kinda tired of cm bugs I just need the 4G lol

Mnc:80

Edit :Yeah no it just doesn't work man I've tried

Edit2 :I flashed the newest cm and I lost my 4g and looking at the apns it's modified and I didn't do it which means they updated the apns and changed some stuff and now I can't get 4g back lucky I made a backup of the earlier version I was on so for now um on asop roms 4g is lost again changing apns I couldn't even get it back and strangely enough on the newest build of cm I see 4 apns but on the old one It was only 1 and I changed it to get 4g so it has to be something they included into the newer builds and the same goes for carbon rom if anyone has gotten 4g on a new build of cm or carbon let me know

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones