• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Tri-Band S3 (SPH-L710T)

Oh its been a while since I've been here. So I've been using cm11 m10 but I finally ma Dee the leap to liquid smooth 4.1 for my triband and I love it! Everything that didn't work in cm works here but I can't get 4g or MMS to work. I've tried flashing the APN fix but no luck. Anyone know what's happening? I'm running a boost mobile build of the rom and I'm on virginmobile.

Upvote 0
Oh its been a while since I've been here. So I've been using cm11 m10 but I finally ma Dee the leap to liquid smooth 4.1 for my triband and I love it! Everything that didn't work in cm works here but I can't get 4g or MMS to work. I've tried flashing the APN fix but no luck. Anyone know what's happening? I'm running a boost mobile build of the rom and I'm on virginmobile.
Sometimes, on the lollipop roms, after you get all set up you have to boot back to recovery and dirty flash the rom again (no apn fix or wipes this time). And you should get 4g. It won't wipe any of your data or anything.
Team Octos has a great build for the triband too, if you want to try a more recently built rom.

Upvote 0

yes team octos are doing an awesome job keeping this phone alive.... they have weekly builds and a few stable roms that are smooth...... and their roms automatically set ur apn settings during the flash ...the rom has a drop down window to select ur servic provider during install... but you have to use their recovery to install thier rom

if not check out THIS link to enter your settings manually

Upvote 0
my triband wont accept any updates from cmod or anything anymore. i cant get twrp out of the bootloader and i have never been able to flash it vack to stock which is what i really want. could you maybe research this and give me a clue as to how to fix this. i just got a binary error on the install of an update. do i dont k ow. thanks pallen5281@gmail. com

Upvote 0
my triband wont accept any updates from cmod or anything anymore. i cant get twrp out of the bootloader and i have never been able to flash it vack to stock which is what i really want. could you maybe research this and give me a clue as to how to fix this. i just got a binary error on the install of an update. do i dont k ow. thanks pallen5281@gmail. com

Upvote 0
So I've read most of this thread and am still scratching my head. I need the Odin file to get my s3 back to Boost Mobile stock. I have a Sprint version (all I could find at first) I put in there after it was froze on Samsung screen. The battery (brand new) is draining unusually fast and there's issues with data. Can anyone just give me a link to get it back to stock?

Upvote 0
So I've read most of this thread and am still scratching my head. I need the Odin file to get my s3 back to Boost Mobile stock. I have a Sprint version (all I could find at first) I put in there after it was froze on Samsung screen. The battery (brand new) is draining unusually fast and there's issues with data. Can anyone just give me a link to get it back to stock?
Is it a triband?

Upvote 0
After looking, no it's not tri band. I don't recall what I used...I only basically know how to use Odin by following online instructions. I will check out other threads for further help if I'm in the wrong place...thank you
To go to stock, download the NDC .tar file for flashing in odin. It's for virgin and boost. It's not the newest firmware, but it's the newest .tar I know of. Also do a factory reset. The phone will receive a couple firmware updates fairly soon after first boot.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=53194487

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones