• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost press release tonight

Savage Shadows

Android Enthusiast
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
***Thanks ApolloStar2109 for moving this to the appropriate forums! I messaged you about a possible link problem for the Boost forums.***

So I don't know if any of you are at all interested in following tonight's press mixer involving Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Samsung, and "big news", but since this press mixer falls within my one month to return my phone, I definitely am interested.

Here are a couple things I have heard about the Boost side of this mixer. I've heard speculation of possibly an S III phone, or even a Note. Also in one source, reference to a variant of the Galaxy S Blaze Q. I've also heard that the Note is highly unlikely because Sprint has stated they will not have a phablet until some time in 2013. Also, I haven't seen very much reference to speculation of an S III or a Note. What I've seen most of, is the Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch. Support for that product coming to Boost's shelves included a leaked user file with the model ID, but ending with the addition of BST. Also, it is a Sprint WiMax device, and it seems Sprint wants to get rid of WiMax by 2013, so Sprint has to sell off its inventory of the device somehow.

Now that I've gotten that all said, here comes the part I came across that I've only seen in one source. This one surprised me, but I cannot comment on its reliability. On a website, user Gphil posted on August 19th, "I have a friend who works for Boost. He told me they're not getting the epic touch 4g, but 2-3 other new 4g phones for Boost. They're also getting the iphone." Here is the link for that source: New Samsung Android Phones Coming to Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile August 22 | Prepaid Phone News

Please leave your thoughts and comments below!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones