• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boot Loop Help

I was trying to flash Froyo onto my HTC Aria using install from SD card through Rom Manager. I have all my Nandroid backups but whenever i try to reboot, the phone turns on theres the HTC logo thing and then it turns off and goes back into clockwork. Ive tried wiping stuff, taking out the battery, restoring different nandroid backups, what should I do? please help because this is a really good phone and im not ready to give up on it anytime soon

I was trying to flash Froyo onto my HTC Aria using install from SD card through Rom Manager. I have all my Nandroid backups but whenever i try to reboot, the phone turns on theres the HTC logo thing and then it turns off and goes back into clockwork. Ive tried wiping stuff, taking out the battery, restoring different nandroid backups, what should I do? please help because this is a really good phone and im not ready to give up on it anytime soon

You aren't trying to reboot with the phone's USB cable connected, are you? When you enter ClockworkMod with the USB cable connected, it doesn't work correctly.

Upvote 0
Have you tried to flash simply with recovery vs rom manager? You may also have a bad rom...or bad recovery (less likely but still a possibility)

Try dloadin the rom again. Remove the old one. Put the new one on sd card. Boot into recovery via the app called quickboot, with rom manager or by powering on while holding vol down. And selecting recovery from hboot. Remember to go into advanced and wipe dalvik. Then wipe cache and battery stats. Then flash rom zip

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones