• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

boot screen..

ok i found this:

but i don't think rooting using busy box will work. but you are welcome to try it.

your other option is to unlock thebootloader. but i do not think moto will unlock the device:

so i think you are SOL for now. plus there really is no development community supporting your phone. just remember no dev=no fun.

Upvote 0
ok i found this:

but i don't think rooting using busy box will work. but you are welcome to try it.

your other option is to unlock thebootloader. but i do not think moto will unlock the device:

so i think you are SOL for now. plus there really is no development community supporting your phone. just remember no dev=no fun.
Thanks bro!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
ok i found this:

So... What is busy box, explain to me in Simple terms oh wise one.

Upvote 0
I mean not trying to be a jerk here, but just seems like more can go wrong here for something that last 5 seconds and literally no one ever even looks at when restarting / turning their device on.
I know that, but was wondering if I could really do such a deed and really go fungle of it,my moto z force has a slow boot up about thirty to forty seconds.

Upvote 0
well if you read the thread i linked. busy box may not work. it seems to not work for the op, so i have my doubts it. to put it simply busy box allows you to use certain linux/unix commands. in the old days of rooting you need busy box to use root apps like titanium backup. most rooted custom roms had busy box already installed. or you can install it yourself.

this is the first example that i have found where it is suggested to use busy box to gain root. if you read the link, it uses basic adb commands to install busy box.

and i think the idea is that you can install busy box and then be able to use root apps like tb. at least that is the only thing i can that the xda member was trying to suggest. and i doubt that this method will allow you to change the boot animation.

sooooooo......you might be SOL on trying to root.

here is more info on busy box:

i did find this as well:
It's an old thread though and not sure if it will work with current android os.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
well if you read the thread i linked. busy box may not work. it seems to not work for the op, so i have my doubts it. to put it simply busy box allows you to use certain linux/unix commands. in the old days of rooting you need busy box to use root apps like titanium backup. most rooted custom roms had busy box already installed. or you can install it yourself.

this is the first example that i have found where it is suggested to use busy box to gain root. if you read the link, it uses basic adb commands to install busy box.

and i think the idea is that you can install busy box and then be able to use root apps like tb. at least that is the only thing i can that the xda member was trying to suggest. and i doubt that this method will allow you to change the boot animation.

sooooooo......you might be SOL on trying to root.

here is more info on busy box:

i did find this as well:
It's an old thread though and not sure if it will work with current android os.
The link of Busy Box,was like talking with me on college-level Spanish speaking with a Portuguese translator,no thank you!

Upvote 0
The link of Busy Box,was like talking with me on college-level Spanish speaking with a Portuguese translator,no thank you!
if that is the case, then i would not recommend that you not attempt to root a phone. there needs to be some grasp of understanding when you try to root anything. not understanding the process could result in bricking your device.

even if you do gain root, there are no boot animations made for your phone. you could maybe have deleted them, but that is the extent that you could have done, if rooted. there are ways to make your own boot animation, but they are pretty complicated to do by yourself.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
if that is the case, then i would not recommend that you not attempt to root a phone. there needs to be some grasp of understanding when you try to root anything. not understanding the process could result in bricking your device.

even if you do gain root, there are no boot animations made for your phone. you could maybe have deleted them, but that is the extent that you could have done, if rooted. there are ways to make your own boot animation, but they are pretty complicated to do by yourself.
Yeah thanks for the idea, I did read all the way through the steps, it is really complex though, I wish I had someone online that could help me through it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones