• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloop

Do you have a rom on your sdcard? If you don't then you need to get one on there. Either through a card reader or another phone that can be mounted to a computer. Once you have that done, pull the battery for a good 30 secs or so and put the battery back in and try to boot into recovery (both volumes + power) and flash the rom.

Reactions: HFC
Upvote 0
Do you have the ROM zip to install on your sd card?

If so just pull the battery and hold the power button down for 20-30 sec. Then put the battery back in and boot into recovery and flash the ROM.

If you don't have it on the sd card, you need to find a way to put it on there (card reader, another phone, etc). Then follow the suggestion above.

Reactions: HFC
Upvote 0
So since I was going to flash a new rom, I did a format system and wiped the dalvik cache...but I accidentally didn't flash the new rom. Then it rebooted, and now it keeps bootlooping... Is there a fix for this? :thinking:

boot into recovery and re do everything correctly
after you wipe data factory rest, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache

then dont restart or anything, immediately install from zip and install your rom and the gapps if needed

then reboot system

** everytime i post to try and help people out ur always right above me agent lol, i need to step my helping game up i guess lol**

Upvote 0
Do you have a rom on your sdcard? If you don't then you need to get one on there. Either through a card reader or another phone that can be mounted to a computer. Once you have that done, pull the battery for a good 30 secs or so and put the battery back in and try to boot into recovery (both volumes + power) and flash the rom.
Wow, thanks! I forgot about that... :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones