• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bought this phone for my sister. Memory issues.

Well the wildfire s only comes with around 100mb of space if I read up on it right, not including the bloat that already comes with it. Was the apps moved to sd card that was App2sd supported?

Hate to say but you should try to avoid apps that doesn't have App2sd support. 100mb doesn't go far at all.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0
Why is this phone storage full after downloading just a few apps?

Hi,
The one and main issue with HTC wildfire S is the internal storage. I rooted my device for this problem, now having around 80mb free by having Link2sd. So that apps will be installed on your SD card.
But you may lose your warranty, if do this. I lost about 6 months of remaining.

Edit : If you are not rooted try this : http://androidforums.com/htc-wildfire-s/469775-forcing-apps-install-sd-card-without-root.html

Upvote 0
Hi,
The one and main issue with HTC wildfire S is the internal storage. I rooted my device for this problem, now having around 80mb free by having Link2sd. So that apps will be installed on your SD card.
But you may lose your warranty, if do this. I lost about 6 months of remaining.

Edit : If you are not rooted try this : http://androidforums.com/htc-wildfire-s/469775-forcing-apps-install-sd-card-without-root.html

Well the nice thing is if you root voiding your warranty, if you have the courage to gain s off. That makes it easier to unroot and relock your bootloader to show "locked" rather than "relocked" showing no proof it was ever rooted if it needs to go in for maintenance or replaced.

Upvote 0
Well the nice thing is if you root voiding your warranty, if you have the courage to gain s off. That makes it easier to unroot and relock your bootloader to show "locked" rather than "relocked" showing no proof it was ever rooted if it needs to go in for maintenance or replaced.

Heck I'm not really worried about warranty, phone costs $79.99 now lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones