• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [BOUNTY - Metropcs Samsung Galaxy Indulge 4g SCH- R910]

No its not yaffs2. If the noobs didn't post like mad on stuff already covered, you would have seen this post:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-indulge/275462-first-attempt-rooting.html

Let me see if i can find the code we found that worked for temp root stage 1.

mount -o rw,remount -t rfs /dev/block/stl10 /system

So i believe its stl10 not yaffs2. LightningTH was the one who figured this out.

Mikes post is here, his download has 2 exe. The souproot, is the one that gives level 1 root:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-indulge/282280-success-bloatware-removed.html

The bloatware exe just removes apps while the phone is under root level 1, before restart.

So all we've figured out how to do is temp root, replace files under that, and restart with the files replaced. Any other attempt of modifying or updating through even custom recovery has proved useless. That's why the assumption the phone was "nand" locked. Though it could simply be the admin is locked.

Upvote 0
No its not yaffs2. If the noobs didn't post like mad on stuff already covered, you would have seen this post:

lol I've created one thread on this site since joining but still.. ouch.

being a more experienced Windows Mobile user, i played around with the Android Emulation on Windows, but is it possible to do the reverse with Android?

random question but my curiosity is peaked..

Upvote 0
of this:

mount -o rw,remount -t rfs /dev/block/stl9 /system ?

If not tell me what to try. Mine btw does have open su, meaning su will allow anything without having superuser. I can try to find the post of how I obtained that.

that should remount system as rw, but no i was just looking for 'mount' without the ', should give off a listing of all thats there to work with

Upvote 0
$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$mount -o rw,remount -t rfs /dev/block/stl9 /system
mount: Operation not permitted
$mount
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/stl7 /mnt/.lfs j4fs rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,relatime,size=4096k 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/stl10 /system rfs ro,relatime,vfat,log_off,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /data rfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,vfat,llw,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/stl11 /dbdata rfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,vfat,llw,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/fota rfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,vfat,llw,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/stl12 /cache rfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,vfat,llw,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:9 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:9 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-1 /mnt/asec/com.adobe.reader-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-2 /mnt/asec/berserker.android.apps.blueputdroid-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-3 /mnt/asec/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-4 /mnt/asec/com.tiger.nds-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-5 /mnt/asec/net.zedge.android-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-6 /mnt/asec/com.indeed.android.jobsearch-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-7 /mnt/asec/com.pandora.android-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-8 /mnt/asec/com.clapfootgames.tankhero-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
$

Quick Reply
To: user@example.com

* * Include quoted text with reply

Upvote 0

being a more experienced Windows Mobile user, i played around with the Android Emulation on Windows, but is it possible to do the reverse with Android?

well you other new would-be master hackers are rude!
by the way i guess you all missed the fact that i also said I did some programming/MCSE/Unix
guess they don't need my help at all:eek:

Reactions: myrieboy
Upvote 0
Carrier IQ or something like it is "stock" on every cell device by all carriers in the US, The gove wants a way to tack criminal activities"they say" it is an extension of the mac address scenario on your computer only much more malicious the collecting of this data has already been used to arrest and convict in many states many differing crimes..
I', not saying this Orwellian Big Bro thing is good just explaining the why

Og BTW have fun really turning off "totally that is GPS without full root"

Reactions: myrieboy
Upvote 0
cruncho1 is there a problem? didnt ignore his question, i dont have the answer to that. windows is a closed source platform so thats a lot of reversing, and way above my head. im not really sure where this hostility came from. i would like to think ive been pretty nice and courteous to everyone involved.

there was a few people in the chat last night lending a hand to us, if you were that eager to help then why didnt you come in? all the info is in the dev thread

Upvote 0
cruncho1 is there a problem? didnt ignore his question, i dont have the answer to that. windows is a closed source platform so thats a lot of reversing, and way above my head. im not really sure where this hostility came from. i would like to think ive been pretty nice and courteous to everyone involved.

there was a few people in the chat last night lending a hand to us, if you were that eager to help then why didnt you come in? all the info is in the dev thread

Shabbypenguin; it's alright, getting this Indulge rooted is the main reason for this thread originally, i didn't expect an response but if anyone was willing to answer that'd be cool too, i'm still learning the overall site, all the programming talk going on on this thread just sent my curiosity into major overload and i had questions, that was a huge question in my head so i thought i'd slip it in there and see what turned up. i went to Ivy tech for computer programming but my true knowledge sits more on hardware than software.

I don't think cruncho1 was meaning anything personal, it's all love here. and to cruncho1 thank you for heads up, i kinda figured it would be pretty unique to perform the emulation but starting a thread on it would be great. not sure how many people want it but possibilities are endless when you have those two platforms at your hands.

and Shabbypenguin your right it's a closed source but in my experience i feel that it's more closed to the developer than the user from a consumer point of view.

cruncho1 i'll keep my eye out for that thread.

Upvote 0

This wasn't directed towards you, unless the topic of the post you made was already covered. That's my point. Making useless topics that we already covered, and basically spamming the boards. Which knocks down all the good topics that aren't stickied. You were taking what I said out of context. If you saw how the boards were around the release of the phone, then perhaps you'd understand.

Upvote 0
Shabbypenguin no i was not addressing you, per-se of your posts I have read you have been one of the continuing enthusiast's with the Induge mods problems... I salute you for that.. but we being new to the forum only NOT per-say programming or mabe even hacking>> and maybe since the binary dAYS .. HMM ACCIDENTAL AGE DETECTION... were called nubes.. and told to stay on topic by another--NOOB to this forum that was actually on his own topic not this threads.. thats all...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones