• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Brick won't turn on.

Hi everyone.

After rebooting my phone, after applying avast mobile security my phone will not power on. Tried changing batteries, no go. Thoughts?

just to get some more info so other will jump in

is the phone all stock? or r u running a custom rom

the phone no longer boots, does it show anything at all?, splash screen? boot animation?

also whenever i pull my battery i like to leave it out for about a minute, if you have ever had the phone freeze up on you before you'd see that sometimes the phone holds onto info if u only do a quick battery pull/replace, normally leaving it out for about a minute will clear that

Upvote 0
Running Dark Minimilist (or Cyanogenmod 7).

Phone shows no animation. Screen will not turn on. Tried leaving battery out for ten minutes and putting it back in with no result. Phone does not seem to want to charge battery.

hmmm... i found this person with a different phone but almost the same issue on XDA here
Stuck in bootloop (avast) - xda-developers

from google searching ive seen a few posts that people are having the same types of issues altho different from yours when installing avast

the one issue someone had that made sense was upon the install and reboot of avast, the anti-virus saw the non-stock boot animation zip as a bad file and deleted it, this would cause the phone to no longer boot up

will it go into download mode, after your 1 minute battery pull, hold power and vol down, a pc looking message should appear "downloadmodepoll=1" or something, i cant remember all of it

but if your phone is absolutely not responding at all to anything, you could have coincidentally had a hardware failure at the sametime, its just odd how it has seemed to unfold for you

Upvote 0
I agree the timing is strange for a hardware failure, but my guess would be that. I figured that system files had been overwritten, so I tried download mode right away. The phone will not charge nor will it turn on for boot or download.

Unless I can get some kind of access to it, I would think it would need replaced.

Still, because of the timing it would be nice to know what happened to leave it in this state.

Upvote 0
I agree the timing is strange for a hardware failure, but my guess would be that. I figured that system files had been overwritten, so I tried download mode right away. The phone will not charge nor will it turn on for boot or download.

Unless I can get some kind of access to it, I would think it would need replaced.

Still, because of the timing it would be nice to know what happened to leave it in this state.

yes, i myself am very curious about this to, since your getting absolutely nothing Hardware is the first thing to come to mind, but after some of the posts i read the antivirus deleting or quaranting the bootanimations.zip from the custom rom seems like the most logical

someone else with much more info then me may jump in here, or may know whats up, but so far what your describing seems to me like a replacement is your only option

lol i spoke to late lol agent, someone with much more info then me is already here lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones