• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked after removing bloatware

Devendra95

Jul 13, 2012
i've recently rooted the lg motion and i used titanium backup do delete metro crap. everything worked fine until i restarted the phone. the famous "morning caller security" screen showed up. so i un bricked the lg and rooted it again but i did not remove any apps. is there a safe way to remove the apps i dont need on this phone without bricking it?

what apps did u remove and yes there is a safe way to remove apps its a script that you can run on your phone safely to remove bloatware ill post link to it once i find it

edit:

found it here it is: androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/664928-automated-all-bloatware-removal-version-2-4-lg-motion-4g-rooted.html

Thanks. I'll give it a try today and let you know what happens

Upvote 0
I froze all the apps i dont need and it works fine. I really appreciate your help.
One more thing...(sorry if im bothering you) when i try to add a word to the user dictionary while typing, it says unfortunately lg keyboard has stopped. I cleared the data, force stop , and restarted the phone but i still get the message. The keyboard closes after the message

Upvote 0
are you using a custom rom? and i would suggest the google 4.2 keyboard which you can flash using 2nd init recovery

2nd init recovery apk: androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/665972-985hpakick-2nd-init-recovery.html

google keyboard: androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/661389-guide-how-install-google-4-2-keyboard.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones